Hands Free Module Prompts Begin Erroneously
This bulletin involves diagnosing and based on outcome, either performing a USB flash or
replacing the Mopar accessory Hands Free Module (HFM).
A customer may experience the Uconnect prompts begin to play without pressing the
Voice Recognition (VR) button. The prompt may repeat itself two or three times before
The customer satisfaction enhancements are included with this software release.
NOTE: After the HFM has been updated it will receive these enhancements:
· Reduced ?Device Reading? wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
· Call / dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via Mobile Application Part (MAP) protocol (not all phones
support the MAP protocol).
· Added ?None of These? and ?Correction? to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
· AirPlay feature ?Dock Connector? no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the ?No Audio? condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.
NOTE: USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition is OFF.