Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with updated
Some customers may describe one or more of the following:
Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble
Codes (DTCs) have been set:
· P2096 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Lean (5.7L Engines).
· P2097 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Rich (5.7L Engines).
· P2098 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 2 Lean (5.7L Engines).
· P2099 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 2 Rich (5.7L Engines).
· MIL Lamp without DTC Active - Permanent Fault Code Issue (fix permanent fault
· ASD Relay (to improve fuel pump relay initialization at key on).
· Fuel pump relay operation at key on.
· Engine seems to lacks power at high engine RPMs (5.7L and 4.7L Engines).
· Shudder or shake condition on wide open throttle stab during downshift event (5.7L
and 4.7L Engines).
· EVAP Diagnostic Enhancements. This diagnostic routine will be disabled while the
vehicle is in decel fuel shut off mode.(3.7L/4.7L Engines only).
· Audible knock sound on WOT launches (DJ/DD 5.7L Engines only).
· High engine RPMs needed before vehicle will upshift from 3rd to 4th. (5.7L and 4.7L
· Harsh 1st to 2nd gear upshift (5.7L and 4.7L Engines).
· Unexpected or busy downshift while coasting between 45-48 mph (72-77 kmh) (DS
5.7L Engines only).