Ram Recall VB1: EGR Cooler May Crack And Cause Fire
2015 Ram 1500
Combustion in the intake manifold can increase the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Exhaust System — Emission Control — Gas Recirculation Valve (Egr Valve)
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2014-2019 Ram 1500 and 1500 Classic Pickup trucks equipped with 3.0L Eco Diesel engines. The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler may crack and allow pre-heated vaporized coolant to enter the EGR system. This mixture may combust inside the intake manifold.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EGR cooler, free of charge. Dealers will also inspect and, as necessary, replace the intake manifold. The recall began April 16, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is VB1.
- Documents (11)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 11/01/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VB1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - December 2019 SAFETY RECALL VB1: 2014-2019 DS 3.0L EGR Cooler Customer Handling
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - VB1 Owner Interim
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 10/25/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VB1
- Defect Notice 573 Report