Ram Recall V48: Driveshaft May Fracture And Separate
2019 Ram 1500
A fractured rear driveshaft could detach from the vehicle and become a road hazard, or it may result in a loss of drive power, both of which can increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Ram 1500 pickup trucks. The rear driveshaft may have an incomplete weld fusion between the tube and tube yoke, which may lead to weld cracking or the driveshaft fracturing.
- FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear driveshaft, free of charge. The recall began June 13, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. The FCA US recall number is V48.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/02/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 04/26/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V48
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice