Ram Recall VB2: Engine Cooling Fan May Seize And Cause Fire
2017 Ram ProMaster
An overheated fan motor increases the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Cooling System — Fan
Equipment — Appliance — Air Conditioner
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Ram ProMaster vehicles equipped with 3.0L diesel or 3.6L gasoline engines and air conditioning (A/C). The engine cooling fan may seize which can cause the cooling fan motor to overheat.
- Chrysler will inform owners, and dealers will replace the engine cooling fan module, free of charge. Interim owner notifications informing owners of the safety risk were mailed December 10, 2019. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. The recall began July 7, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is VB2.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - VB2 Owner Interim
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 11/19/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication â€“ VB2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 11/21/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication â€“ VB2
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1