Toyota Recall J0Y: Insufficiently Tightened Rear Axle Bearing Bolts
2019 Toyota C-HR
If the bolts loosen and damage the rear brake components, or cause a rear wheel to detach, it would increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Hubs
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2019 Toyota C-HR vehicles. The rear axle hub bearing bolts may have been insufficiently tightened, causing the bolts to loosen and damage the rear brake components or cause a rear wheel to detach.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear axle hub bearing bolts. If a bolt is found to be loose or detached, the dealer will replace the rear axle hub bearing assembly and rear axle carrier sub-assembly, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0Y.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- SAFETY RECALL J0Y (Remedy Notice) Certain 2019 Model Year C-HR - Rear Axle Hub Bearing Bolt Inspection
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Miscellaneous Document - October 11, 2018 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4