Toyota Recall J08: Capacity Label Indicating Additional Weight
2019 Toyota Tundra
An overloaded vehicle can increase the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2019 Toyota Tundra standard and long bed trucks equipped with a spray-in bed liner. The load carrying capacity modification label may have been incorrectly calculated. If the label is followed, the vehicle may be overloaded. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
- Toyota has notified owners, and provided corrected load carrying capacity labels, free of charge. The recall began on January 24, 2019. The recall number is J08. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371.
- Documents (10)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 110
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - SAFETY (NONCOMPLIANCE) RECALL J08 (Remedy Notice)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- December 19, 2018 NONCOMPLIANCE INFORMATION REPORT
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFETY (NONCOMPLIANCE) RECALL J08 LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY MODIFICATION LABEL CERTAIN 2019 TUNDRA Vehicles
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4