Volkswagen Recall 87H4: Blocked Drain Tube May Cause Air Bag Deployment
2021 Volkswagen Atlas
A water leak may damage the air bag control module, causing an inadvertent air bag deployment and increasing the risk of injury or a crash.
Air Bags — Air Bag/Restraint Control Module
Visibility — Defroster/Defogger/Hvac System
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2021 Atlas and 2020-2021 Atlas Cross Sport vehicles. The air conditioning system drain tube could be blocked, causing water to leak inside the vehicle near the air bag control module.
- Dealers will repair the drain tube and replace the air bag control module, as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed January 14, 2022. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 87H4.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 87H4 VW Customer PRI
- 87H4 Recall FAQ_12012021
- January 14, 2022 Upcoming Campaign Advanced Tool Requirement Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - VOLKSWAGEN Date: November 23, 2021 Advance Notice Safety Recall 87H4 / A/C Water Drain Tube
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Volkswagen Repair Available Safety Recall 87H4 / A/C Water Drain Tube Date: January 27, 2022
- 87H4 Recall FAQ03.15.2022