Volkswagen Recall 97FR: Damaged Relays In Fuse Box May Cause Fire
2021 Volkswagen Atlas
A horn or starter that remains activated for an extended period of time can overheat, increasing the risk of fire.
Electrical System — Wiring — Fuses And Circuit Breakers
Electrical System — Wiring — Relays/Solenoids
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2021 Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport vehicles. Damaged relays may have been installed in the engine compartment fuse box, which could inadvertently activate the horn or engine starter.
- Dealers will inspect and as necessary, replace the relays, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed August 27, 2021. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 97FR.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- 97FR Recall FAQ_12012021
- 97FR Recall FAQ
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - VOLKSWAGEN Date: August 12, 2021 Repair Available Safety Recall 97FR / Engine Compartment Fuse Box Relays
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 97FR Customer Letter PRI
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 97FR Customer Letter
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-4