Volkswagen Recall 37L5: Key May Be Removed While Not In Park/FMVSS 114
2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
Removing the key while the shift lever is in a position other than "Park" increases the risk of an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in personal injury or a crash.
Steering — Column Locking — Anti-Theft Device
Electrical System — Ignition — Anti-Theft Controller
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Volkswagen Golf and Golf Sportwagen vehicles. The build of silicate on the shift lever micro switch contacts may enable the key to be removed from the ignition while the vehicle shift lever is not in "Park." As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install an additional switch and circuit board, free of charge. The recall began March 19, 2019. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 37L5.
- Documents (14)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 24, 2018 MANDATORY STOP-SALE Advance Notice – Compliance Recall 37L5 – Shift Lever Micro Switch
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 114
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - USA
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - March 11, 2019 Repair Available – Compliance Recall 37L5 / Shift Lever Micro Switch
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3