Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura MDX:

Aug 272019

MDX

At 9 pm my MDX caught fire and I did not use it after 11 am that day so it was sitting for 12 hours and it caught fire

- Nashua, NH, USA

Aug 122019

MDX

While driving, the car will frequently lose electrical power. Dash indicator lights come on, the radio shuts off and sometime I'll have to reset the radio and navigation codes. While at a stop light, sometimes depressing the gas pedal does nothing and then suddenly it will begin to move. I'm very concern the unpredictable nature of the problem will cause a wreck if I lose engine power, especially in a curve.

- Brush Prairie, WA, USA

Jan 232019

MDX

I own a 2007 Acura MDX which has had a number of intermittent electrical problems over the years. I had to replace the handsfree link module a few years ago at the dealer. The yellow check oil level light has come on for no reason for years. It goes on for a second then off. A few months ago the entire electrical system ┐fried┐ and I had to buy a new battery and new alternator. Recently I hear a buzzing sound when I use the turn signals and the hazards do not work at all. Last night the car died on the interstate- the instrument panel went dark, the engine would not accelerate, and I was lucky to be able to get onto the shoulder. I turned off the car and then started it again. When it works there is no problem with the operation but this car is now unreliable and dangerous. I see there have been over 40 complaints for the same thing noted on carcomplaints.com referring to the NHTSA website, about the car dying for no reason while in motion and that no Acura dealer seems able to fix it and Acura refuses to acknowledge the problem or do a recall the car is now at my mechanic to see if he can find out what is wrong but all the comments I saw on carcomplaints.com indicate there has not yet been a definitive diagnosis made by Acura or anyone else, and there is no active recall either this is extremely dangerous as the other complaints also indicate that the doors and windows do not operate when the car stalls out and occupants can be trapped inside the car

- East Hanover, NJ, USA

Dec 092018

MDX

I've experienced several electrical issues electrical with my vehicle the most troubling was the vehicle completely shut off on the highway then immediately restarted!!!! in addition to this, the next issue is battery performance. The battery is constantly drained. In the 11 years that I owned the vehicle, the battery has been replaced 4 times. (I initially thought this was associated with my bluetooth being connected but I've disconnected this many years ago and the issues still persist. I was strained on winter because the battery drained and was stuck at the airport for 3 1/2 hours waiting for aaa. Lastly, I turned my car on this past Sunday when my mil display "check transmission." I brought the car to Acura for service and they have informed me that the gear position sensor must be replaced. This is another electrical circuit problem of a mechanical problem with the transmission. Too many electrical issues!!!

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Jun 022017

MDX

I bought this car on mother's day 2017. During the following month I had the check engine light on non-stop, I started receiving error codes, then on the way to the airport (one the interstate), the car literally turned off. We rolled to the airport with no electrical system at all, then the car finally died, thank goodness we got out because for a few minutes we were locked in the car! we replaced the alternator, the battery, 3 of the 4 (O2) oxygen sensors, now the transmission light, the check engine light and the check starting system light are on. Today, the car didn't start twice and I honestly felt at risk just trying to drive home today. So all this has been from mother's day 2017 to now! September 20, 2018. The lights and codes don't stop on this car!

- Valrico, FL, USA

Jul 192018

MDX

My 07 Acura MDX has been experiencing intermittent resets while driving. Navigation and radio turn off and on and the vehicle does not accelerate when gas pedal is pressed.

- Garland, TX, USA

May 012018

MDX

While driving some lights in panel start lighting up, gps turns off, engine running but wont accelerate and after few seconds will go back to normal. Took to Acura they ran diagnostictest but can't find no issue. This is life threatening. Need Acura to act on this.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Sep 292017

MDX

The contact owns a 2007 Acura MDX. On several occasions, while the contact's girlfriend was driving, the vehicle inadvertently stalled. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to columbia Acura Inc. (10979 montgomery rd, cincinnati, oh 45249 (513) 530-0100), but no diagnostic failure codes were found and the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was then taken to superior Acura (5555 dixie hwy, fairfield, oh 45014 (513) 829-8500) where it was diagnosed that the battery cables needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and confirmed that no recalls were associated with the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- North Bend, OH, USA

Aug 072017

MDX

Just like the other complaints the car shuts off without warning while in drive causing loss of steering and braking. Acura has offered little help with the issue. Very unsafe and deserved of a recall.

- Cinti, OH, USA

Jun 062017

MDX

The vehicle will randomly shut off and restart while in motion at various speeds whether on the highway or surface streets. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to why.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 272017

MDX

The contact owns a 2007 Acura MDX. While driving approximately 45 mph, the gps and instrument panel lighting ceased without warning. When the contact depressed the brake pedal, the lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred two days later. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,500. The VIN was not provided.

- York, PA, USA

Mar 312017

MDX

Had a big rain storm the other day. Got into my car after it being parked at work all day and found it was leaking from "C" pillar. Turns out, sunroof decided to flip up on its own during the day with the car parked and off. Took car to my local shop who has been familiar with Acura electrical problems. I told him to disconnect the wires to the sunroof function completely. I dont need to use the sunroof or have it decide to open on its own again. This problem could have caused even more serious electrical problems, but luckily water did not penetrate to the other electrical systems. This is the third major electrical problem I have had with this vehicle. There are serious electrical problems with the MDX and acrua/Honda refuses to issue any recall or even address the problems, which are prominent in this vehicle

Jan 042017

MDX

Came out to a dead battery after replacing battery just a few months earlier. After already going through the electrical problem of the defective blue tooth, knew it was another electrical problem. Took car to my local shop where he diagnosed another electrical problem, this time with the air conditioner relay/compressor switch. I do not want to be without air conditioning, so had them fix the problem. This is the second electrical problem with the 10 year old MDX with only 90,000 miles. This vehicle has serious electrical problems and they are being ignored by Honda Motors. I have read many instances online of people who had this same vehicle and the cars have caught on fire from these various electrical problems

Aug 012016

MDX

Battery kept draining and was dead on a few occasions. I came out to a dead battery on two occassions and then decided to take car to electrical repair shop. Problem was with the bluetooth. This is a widely reported problem with this vehicle. Electrical shop disconnected bluetooth. Honda is aware of this problem yet does nothing about it in form of recall.

Jan 242017

MDX

Acura MDX 2007, vehicle engine and electrical system stopped while car is motion on freeway on my way to work on January 24, 2017 about 6:35 am on 610 loop passed the stella link exit. I had to merge over to the edge of fwy to restart the car. The dash board lights and car turned off completely while in driving mode, going about 60 mph. Very scary and unusual. This is a life treating incident and needs an immediate recall. There are numerous online complaints about this issue, so why isn't there a recall. Are they waiting for someone to get fatally injured or worst? this problem demands immediate attention!

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 242016

MDX

The hands free link unit has an issue where it stops working and drains the battery of the car. I've gone through 3 batteries in the last 6 months and when I finally disconnected the hfl unit, the car has been working properly.

- Union City, CA, USA

Oct 042016

MDX

Having issues with the drainage of battery. Three in one year. The culprit was the hands free link and xm radio. The bluetooth features in this car has caused it to shutdown completely several times or not start up. After searching online, this has been the complaint by thousands of other Acura MDX 2007. This is dangerous and may cause car accidents. This is too common an issue to not recall these parts.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Sep 292016

MDX

Battery keeps dying even after buying a new one. It happends even after being parked just for a few hours one day the car stopped completetly and suddently while driving

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 312016

MDX

This is the third time the electrical system has failed caused by "battery drainage". local repair shops do not know how to fix problems, but dealer's and Honda mechanics are very familiar with this horrible problem. Everyone fixing the problem knows very well this should be "a recall" matter, and creates a great road hazard as well are garage fires and loss of life. The things involved are "blue tooth" modular, air conditioner clutch relay, fuses. Regarding the blue tooth, this modular gets very very hot, and could cause a fire!! when the battery fails to charge while driving to get safely off the highway is very dangerous, much worst at darkness!! Honda needs to get their act together and recall and fix these problems now. My experience happened with the car in motion, and all indicators flashing, rear axle noises, heat inside car, loss of power, and vehicle in "kind of, a limping mode". very scary and dangerous occurrence. We are the original owner of the car, now with 140,000 miles, and always serviced every 3-5,000 miles. We have taken pride in this vehicle, until this "battery drainage" problem, now is effecting our thoughts about Honda Motors.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Aug 202016

MDX

My 2007 Acura MDX dies almost everyday battery drainage. Replace the hfl module as well as the ac relay. Yet battery still drains almost everyday and have to jump start it just to leave for work.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA