$1,720

Most common solutions:

1. repaint car (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura MDX:

Jan 052019

MDX V6

click to see larger images

paint is peeling paint is peeling

Acura MDX 2015 with extremely low milage (9187 miles) and in perfect condition started paint peeling on roof above front windshield. See attached pictures. Peeling started 7 weeks after the new car warranty ended. This is a known factory defective paint application problem with Honda and Acura. Acura dealer says it is not their problem and I need to deal directly with Acura. After many hours of frustration with Acura Client Relations they finally agreed to strip and repaint the entire roof. I have to contribute $300 toward the +$1700 cost and the repainting can only be done at the body shop that the Acura dealer deals with. I have no choice where to get it repainted. If the paint starts to peel in other locations they say tough luck it is my total responsibility. Also NO LOANER car when body shop repaints which they say will take 2 weeks. Acura MDX (which is the premium Honda brand) originally costs over $50,000 and is a great luxury car. Acura should be taking care of this factory paint problem and pay totally for repairs. Their concern for their customers is awful. On television on CBS the "2onyourside" on 4/4/2019 they had a report segment of Honda cars with peeling paint in the exact roof area as my Acura MDX peeling paint. https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/4059251-2-on-your-side-peeling-car-paint/ I sent CBS and the LATimes newspaper an email stating my Acura paint peeling issue and hopefully they with continue to report this paint peeling problem and Honda/Acura will stand up and admit it is their fault and pay 100% to take care of this defective paint applications. If you or anyone you know has had this paint peeling problem please follow through and state it on this site and everywhere possible. Also, a class action lawsuit would certainly be great and with enough complaints it should happen. I am really upset that Honda/Acura feel its not their problem and us car owners screwed up somehow.

- Gary W., Los Angeles, US