Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
2014 Acura RLX, with advanced package, purchased 3/14 at Pleasanton Acura
• On going electrical, entertainment system, fit and finish, suspension, electronics, backup camera, accessory issues:
• 13 visits to dealer on car issues
• 18 days the car was at the dealers for repairs
• 4 immediate returns to the dealer due to repairs incorrect or not complete
• 4 sessions working with dealer service personnel to show them how to debug issues; DTS audio, USB file interface, battery cell failure, internal recirculating fan
• 2 wheels bent due to road damage
• 0 time I have had wheel damage due to road damage on other vehicles
• 1 factory wheel cost covered cost for 4 new wheels and tires in aftermarket
• >40 hours, amount of time spent dealing with car problems
• 1 safety issue, video recorded, which Acura says they will not fix
• 4 videos recorded to show problems to service personnel because their first response is customer did something wrong
• 14 weeks to get request to Acura customer service denied
• 12 times I tried contacting Acura customer service
• 3 times Acura customer service contacted me
• 1 time Acura customer service told dealer not to talk to me
• 10 emails to dealership and Acura management
• 0 responses to email
• 1 commute car purchased as I am worried RLX cannot stand up to commute and warranty is almost over
Engine, LED headlamps, Sound quality are fantastic. Car has low resale value as my experience does not appear to be unique. So I have to chalk this up to a very expensive lesson. While the car is disappointing the response of the dealership and Acura/Honda customer service was more disappointing. Acura buyer beware. You are welcome to contact me and I can share the details of my experience and point you at my files and the videos of the problems I have had.
Dave Pap Rocki, dpr_ads1 at Comcast dot net
- Dave P.,
Pleasanton, CA, US
I bought the car in October of 2014. I had a 2012 TL which i upgraded to the top of the line RLX ELITE. I was bragged about the Karell Audio system in the car as I am a big music fan (which by the way is awesome when thing is working properly). I love the Acura brand and my experience with solid built TL so spending 65K for the RLX seems ok to get the room and reliability even though this is the range of BMW/AUDI/BENZ.
Right after buying the car I started to have a frozen screen (Map will get stuck or back up camera) and only way out was to restart the car. I took to dealer who could not replicate the issue. I searched on-line and saw a bulletin which mentioned an update to navigation firmware. My Acura dealer (good people as they tried to help but Acura want them to replicate issues) somewhat fixed this issue with that update but it still pop up now and then.
I made my peace with it but after few weeks new issue started where none of my USB worked which where working before and only way to fix this was to restart not the audio system but the engine (video recorded). Again I took the car to Acura and unfortunately they fail to replicate and i have been living with this random and very annoying issue since. It happens at the worst time and ruins my trips and driving experience. At this moment I am hoping for it to happen when I can just go to Acura dealer and show them.
Recently new issue where no sound was coming from all speakers (video recorded) but of course they could not replicate in a day car was there so videos not good enough to change this worthless unit. I cant believe that my 2014 civic has more reliable audio then RLX at 65k price. It pains me to say but if you are someone who love their music then stay away from RLX.
I hope Acura issue a fix soon or get the dealer fix this faulty unit if that is the case (maybe me getting a lemon unit) else i will get rid of this car and Acura will loose a loyal customer. I know I am just a drop in their revenue bucket but its my hard earn money and I want all its worth. I will keep complaining to my Acura dealer as this is just unacceptable. My very first car complaint post in life after trying to get issue fixed and failed so far.
Toronto, ON, Canada