2.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Acura TL:

Jun 282011

TL

My car was parked in the sun at which time the automatic rear view mirror proceeded to leak caustic fluid from the photo cell unto the middle of my car's interior console especially all over the gear shifter area. This fluid was corrosive to the point that it melted a hole in the bottom of my rearview mirror and damaged the plastic pieces in the center of the console including the gear indicator and its trim ring. The rearview mirror is now cloudy and somewhat damaged. Some of the fluid got on the back of my hand when I put my car in gear and caused a slight burning sensation until I washed it off. I'm not sure if there's more fluid yet to leak from the damaged mirror the next time the interior of the car gets hot.

- Solon, OH, USA