1.9

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 325:

Jan 262017

325

Passenger side gas strap come off randomly from underneath the car.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

Oct 192014

325

ABS speed sensors failed. Brakes function but cause for concern.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 222013

325

I own a 2001 BMW 325I. The ground wires for the tail light assembly burned out, causing the lights to become inoperable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised the contact that there were no recalls for the failure. The repairs would include adding a ground wire to the tail light assembly. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who advised teh contact that there were no recalls for his vehicle and offered no other assistance.

- Elgin, SC, USA

Jul 112008

325

I purchased a used BMW 325ci 18 months ago. In the first six months of driving the car the ac/heater worked fine. However, over time the blower has become intermittent and now ceases to work completely on hot days. Searching online I found that this problem was common to many BMW drivers of similar makes and models. Mechanics posting online have attributed it to a faulty final stage resistor for the blower module. They state that the metal was made of inferior quality. I intend to attempt to repair this myself or take it to a mechanic but the estimates I have received so far are about $300 for total repairs. Last winter my car broke down when it was very cold outside and I had to wait for an hour and a half for a tow truck to arrive, during this time I tried to turn on my heater only to have it cease to work after about 5 minutes. Fortunately I had emergency clothing in the car, but even with that my fingers were numb by the time the tow truck arrived. I think BMW should offer to replace this part for free.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Dec 012001

325

The service engine soon light had come on intermittent. The asc + T light and the park brake light had come on also. The mechanic stated that the problem was due to the damaged sensor.

- S.Pietro Clarenza, 00, USA