Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 325:

Jul 152017

325 6-cyl

2002 BMW 3 series. Consumer writes in regards to airbag safety recall. The consumer stated the vehicle was repaired and requested information about any addtional recalls.

- Fitchburg, MA, USA

Jan 012002

325

"takata recall" I am told that part is out of stock and do not know when or if it will be in stock.

- Venice, FL, USA

Jan 082002

Recall

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jun 012015

325

Takata inflators. I delivered the recall notice to coast BMW, the original selling dealer over a year ago. I was told I would receive a call when they would receive parts for my recall exchange. I never was contacted. Date stated below is an approximation.

- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

Sep 122017

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V172000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (BMW seattle, 1002 airport way S, seattle, wa 98134 (206) 829-5004) was contacted and informed the contact that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Shoreline, WA, USA

Aug 222016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. A local dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 092017

325

"takata recall" BMW does not appear to take this recall serious. I called # on hugh glossy postcard, spent over 10 min --- no human. Called national # they said they could forward me to local # (back where I started.) got return call told her I needed 4 pm appoint. Oh now they only ha appoints til 1:30. This BMW location does not care about "urgent recall notice" talked to a guy (higher up). When I insisted I needed 4 pm appoint he hung up!

- Ipswich, MA, USA

Jul 132017

325

Just took my 2002 BMW in to replace defective airbags. BMW sterling, va wanted $1611.05 to replace airbag control unit/sid. Did not pay them... this should be looked into immediately... they are ripping people off. They replaced the airbags and you have a light on - so are they functional or not... they are ripping people off... james E. mendes 703-587-8599

- Charles Town, WV, USA

Jan 302017

325

Takata recall. We are under recall 17V047. For four months, we have been calling and doing on-line chats with BMW of mobile (mobile, Alabama). Every call or chat ends with them asking for our phone number and email address. They say they will contact us shortly with info on when or if the recall can be done. They have never once called or emailed us back. I can understand that it might take a while, but they could at least let us know what is going on while we are driving this dangerous car. Is there anything we can do about this, or do we wait and be ignored until something really bad happens" aren't they required to honor this recall"

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Jul 012016

325

Airbag light comes on when driving, and sometimes it does not. I have contacted the dealership jacksonville fl multiple times to get the recall fixed since the recall notice in the mail. They alway say they don't have the part and cannot do it. They will try to order it and if it comes in they will contact me. I never hear back from them.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 082017

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V172000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts were not available for the recall repair. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 272016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Santa Maria, CA, USA

May 272015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Williams Town, NJ, USA

Jun 012015

325

I got this recall last year...I called the dealership here in clear lake houston, and I was told they don't make the airbags for this recall... and he said call back......well I have for 2 years not! then I got a new letter saying that they where in stock and make an appointment so I callled the dealership again.........and again I was told they don't make these parts......im sorry but this doesn't make me feel very safe. I guess I just don't understand why they don't make these parts..its suppose to protect

- Seabrook, TX, USA

Jul 012015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair with the dealer. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The dealer only indicated that the parts were on a national back order, which had been longer than a year. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- New York, NY, USA

Sep 152016

325

Takata recall, I have a 6 month old baby, I just got this car and the airbag light was on at idle and won't go away. I know the first and only owner. I know that it's been on for a while now. I am extremely concerned for the safety of my son. This must be adressed..

- Clifton Heights, PA, USA

Jul 112015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 11/29/16 the consumer stated the part finally arrived and the vehicle was repaired in November 2016. Updated 12/14/16.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 092016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The dealer replaced the air bag; however, the air bag module, as stated in the notification, was not replaced. The air bag light remained illuminated. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Apr 292016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 062016

325

The contact owns a 2002 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Diego, CA, USA