Most common solutions:

1. replace engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 750:

Jun 022016

750 LI V8

I noticed white smoke coming from my 750 LI when it was at idle and had to add a quart of oil every two weeks. I asked the dealership about the smoke and oil consumption and was told it was normal for the 750li to burn oil and to have white smoke come from the tailpipe when idling. Also, I was told that the 750li hold 10 quarts of oil and it was okay to drive the car with 9 quarts. I just need to ignore the warning light from the car.

After the warranty expired, the smoking became worst and I was told that the repair would cost $10,000.00 to solve the oil consumption problem. The 750li is an awesome car; however, I will never buy another car from BMW. I believe the dealership knew about the cost of the repair for oil consumption before my warranty expired. Why would the dealership suggests I buy oil from them to refill my car or come to the dealership and they add oil for me? BMW knew the car had an oil consumption problem and would not suggest to have it repaired when the car was under warranty.

I am planning to file a class action lawsuit against BWM. They need to do the right thing.

- ljames21, Dallas, US