Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW X6:

Apr 062018

X6

Vanos camshaft fault. Fc 2A82 and fc 2A87. I was driving at a speed of 25mph the reduced engine power light comes on. I stop turn the car off and restart it the light is now off after driving for 10mins the light comes back on there is a loss of power IżM stepping on the gas and the car is not going this has happened nearly each time Iżve driven the car lately. I take the car to a shop spending almost $1000 to tell me the vanos or camshaft itself is the problem this repair is close to $4000. I see that this is binder recall for 2010 to 2014 models IżM thinking you just forgot us. Help thank you.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Jan 242018

X6

Engine is leaking oil and it's a fire hazard... google search for exactly the same issue indicates that this is a very common with BMW. Car has 25K miles and oil filter gasket and cylinder head are leaking oil into engine, this should never happen on a hardly driven car. Suspect BMW is intentionally using defective parts to charge outrageous repair fees. Other manufactures recall this type of issue, why is BMW getting away with this" see example youtube videos at https://M.youtube.com/watch?V=5co92U-WA94 and https://M.youtube.com/watch"V=ryjlm5vemmo

- Kenner, LA, USA

Dec 142017

X6

My car has a heavy exhaust fumes coming inside cabin, I had the problem looked at in 2016 and was supposedly fixed but it is much stronger. There is also a perpetual oil leak. It's been taken in 5 times for the oil.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 282017

X6

Vehicle has started to smoke from exhaust. Miles are 68K and has had every service done at the dealer as the manufacturer schedule called for. BMW has diagnosed as needing valve guide seals with a repair bill over $10,000.

- Denver, NC, USA

Oct 012016

X6

The contact owns a 2009 BMW X6. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled and shut off. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and repaired, but the failure continued. Also, while driving, fuel fumes and smoke were present inside the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 052014

X6 6-cyl

Was going to lunch approx. 3-4 miles from my home as I pulled into the parking lot, the computer gave a panic warning to immediately turn off the engine as it was overheating and can cause damage. I turned off the motor and was confused as that was the only warning and it appeared that nothing was wrong. I got out of the car and opened the hood. As I was doing so the expansion tank exploded and the hot water shot past me and just caught my right shoulder. Needless to say if this caught me dead on I would have been burned badly. I called the dealer and was told that there was no recall on my vehicle. The dealer also told me to call another dealer as they may have better information. I had the expansion tank replaced and they replaced the coolant. There seems to be a air pocket in the engine and the coolant needs to be topped off after running the engine. If no recall, why not?

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA