Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Buick Envision:

Dec 132017

Envision

The dash board goes out. Anywhere from a few seconds to 1 minute before it returns.

- Great Neck, NY, USA

Mar 112019

Envision

"auto stop" function would not restart in traffic - stopped at signal light; had to push vehicle into a parking lot. Wouldn't restart for over 20 minutes. Two additional electrical issues (we believe are releated) previously that have not been fixed.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 172019

Envision

Rear tailgate requires manual operation to open, close, and lock. The vehicle is equipped with automatic lift gate controls on the driver door and also by swiping foot under rear bumper. I have documented four times in the past month that the tailgate will not operate properly. Each time however that I bring the vehicle to the dealership, the tailgate works properly. The mechanic said it is probably the actuator, but until I can bring it to them when it's not working there is nothing they can do. There was one instance were the tailgate wouldn¿T lock even when manually operated. I had to drive the vehicle with the tailgate unlocked and opening when I slowed down. The dealer sales personnel did a temporary adjustment by turning the vehicle on and off and adjusting the selection knob on the driver door. Your help here is appreciated. The dealership is being very helpful, but can only fix something when they verify that the item needs repair.

- Kingsland, GA, USA

Nov 282018

Envision

Instrument cluster lights go out while driving ( #pic6333C ). as me are driving the instrument planal go blank for a few seconds to a minute, it is a driving hasard and can couse and acsident. I built an alarm syste for you ( 1980's ) that had a like problem, it turn out to be the clock rewind motor spiking the computer & re-booting the computer it need a fix now

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Jan 022019

Envision

Computer screen display frequently goes very dim and sometimes completely out several times there has been no display showing when we were backing up plus the warning beeper didn¿T come on. We have had 2 minor accidents when we were backing up because of the failure of the computer screen and warning beeper. I have complained to our dealership holm automotive in abilene, ks for at least 2 years and they do not seem to think it is a problem. I have many photos and videos plus a handwritten log of this issue. I have also been in contact with Buick.

- Carlton, KS, USA

Nov 022018

Envision

When vehicle does automatic software updates from GM, it "blows up" the personalization menu. I am in physical therapy now from car seat that automatically went to position 1 when I opened car door. Easy exit had been turned on by update. I had it turned off because it never worked right with memory seats. Now after another update and menu was skewed again. Easy exit turned back on as well as seat heaters on start up. Both had been turned off in menu.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Sep 182018

Envision

Tire pressure monitoring system, or ¿TPMS¿ notified me of a flat tire. It showed loss of tire pressure in the rear passenger rire, however, the driver rear tire was the one that was flat.

- Allenhurst, NJ, USA

May 262018

Envision

Takata recall if the car is already running, it will allow you to switch out of park and into gear without the key fob inside the car.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Feb 052018

Envision

The instrument panel cluster and integrated center stack display details are not bright enough and difficult to see during the day.

- Sanford, FL, USA