Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Cadillac Escalade:

Jun 132019

Escalade

The 8 speed transmission has been jerky at slow speeds from almost day one. But after 30,000 miles it has become worse. At time after starting the vehicle and placing into gear it will suddenly and violently lung forward or reverse, when accelerating from a slow speed it will stall abruptly, twice causing an engine code. Two dealers have tried to fix it, but haven' been able to. This seems to be a much bigger problem related to the 8 speed transmission in general.

- Upland, CA, USA

Jan 302019

Escalade

Car has what is called the "Chevy shake" which effects almost all models from 2015-2017. Car shakes violently at times. Paid for repairs. This should be a recall as it is with other Escalade models and GM models of the same chassis..car has extreme rumble at times and is difficult to steer. While in motion at speeds of 45-70 this happens.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Jun 162019

Escalade

My vehicle had about 46600 miles. Today while on a very busy interstate, the car started shaking really bad. It felt like I was going over bumps. This is a vehicle I barely drive as I have another vehicle for my primary use. I purchased the vehicle brand new with 10 miles in March of 2016. There's no excuse why this car should have issues with the transmission or any other issues. I plan on taking the vehicle to capital Cadillac first thing on Wednesday. I did some research and found that IżM not the only one with this issue. Hopefully this will be covered under my warranty. I almost pulled over due to the shaking. It was a very scary experience with my kids riding with me.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Apr 232019

Escalade

Took car in Feb 2019 to repair torque converter. Was replaced and now is back to shaking at random times. This should be a recall as Cadillac has numerous problems with powertrain on Escalades from 2015-17.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Apr 212018

Escalade

Purchased 2016 Cadillac Escalade esv for my wife on our 10 year anniversary. Car was everything we dreamed of until around 15K miles. Between 40-50mph started noticing a constant shutter. The entire vehicle would drive like we were driving over the warning bumps on side of road. In the same time frame we started noticing the vehicle would shift hard from park to reverse at various times. Contacted dealer and scheduled a appointment. After having vehicle for a couple days I was called to pick up. Once there I was told there was no issue or they could not duplicate. I insisted there was a problem and went from service to sales person who has sold me my last 4 vehicles. He talked with transmission specialist and said he knew what to do. So they flushed the transmission fluid. I was concerned because that is a 40K mile requirement, not 15K mile. I was informed that from time to time the fluid from factory is incorrect. So I accepted. 2nd time same shutter and fluid flushed again 3rd time same shutter, shifts hard, jerking, vibration when idle, fuel milage decrease and power loss and hesitation when trying go. Changed torque converter and flushed fluid again. Reprogrammed transmission. 4th time same shutter and vibration. Changed fluid, replaced motor mounts. Nothing to the hesitation or hard shifting. Final time have been told nothing can dupicate. We are still having shutter and the worst of all is the hestiation. Car is currently parked and will remain parked. It is a safety concern and we will not put innocent lives at stake for a car not operating as designed. I seeked assistance from dealer and GM several attempts. Currently had to seek a lawyer to assist.

- Columbia, LA, USA

Jan 012017

Escalade

Known transmission issue which causes the vehicle to to buck and surge when you pull up to ta stop light, stop sign, on highway, or in traffic. Extremely dangerous. Dealer states that this is a known condition with no fix. Dealer describes issues with some vehicles worse than others. General manager of colonial Cadillac woburn MA 781-935-7000 (bret douglas) states that he has driven vehicles with same issues and there is no fix. It was corrected in the 2018 vehicles by going to a 10 speed transmission. Our vehicle has been in for service multiple times without any success in a repair. We are afraid to drive the vehicle as it surges forward at any given moment. Contacted Cadillac and they are unwilling to do anything to help with the issue. They are concerned that this would start them down a slippery slope for repairing many 2015,16,17's that have the same issue. You only have to google the issue to see that many GM owners are dealing with this same issue. This is a safety issue that needs to have a resolution. Someone is going to get seriously injured or killed as a result of this transmission issue. Please help

- Lexington, MA, USA

Nov 062017

Escalade

Collision alert on while in park. They also flash faintly while driving with nothing in front. All sensors clear of debris. This is a recurrent issue for which I was told it was cue related and that replacing the cue would fix. (recurrent issue) service person was able to see this problem as it happened issues with my escalate which include the collision alert displaying ( flickering ) ongoing. Hard to take pictures as it happens while driving transmission bangs low speed (recurrent issues) vehicle locked itself with the keys inside. My wife had to call me to get the spare set and unlock the truck. Theft attempted warning light that was triggered while I was driving and collision lights were being triggered as well I have additional doc I could send bu this system isn't allowing it. Thank you fernando

- Ocala, FL, USA

May 062016

Escalade

Vehicle exhibits a constant vibration at speeds between 35 mph and 75 mph. Vibration is not road related, it is a constant, steady vibration regardless of road conditions, best described as if the vehicle was driving over corduroy. There is also a steady "buffeting" noise coming from the cabin of the vehicle at speeds between 55 mph and 70mph. Vehicle was brought to independent tire shop (by me) to have wheels and tires road force balanced. Report was provided, all in spec and vibration is still present. Currently, there is a "open ticket" on the vehicle at the Cadillac dealership awaiting a "GM engineer" to verify the vibration. As a result, I do not have a copy of the latest invoice verifying the service visit. The vehicle currently has 2000 miles on it, the vibrations were present sine new and seem to be getting worse.

- Milford, CT, USA