Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

Nov 072014

Blazer

A chunk of approximately 2-3" blew out of the sidewall of the rear passenger tire. My daughter was driving, and she lost control after the tire blew and hit a tree head on at 45 mph. The vehicle was totaled and my daughter has multiple injuries, including a fractured kneecap, sprained jaw, disc protrusions at C6/C7 and L5/S1. She is having headaches and facial pain and a brain mri was performed yesterday. We'll have those results sometime next week. The tire was purchased in October 2013, was 20% worn and had no signs of inflation problems or signs of anything striking the tire. It was a Goodyear tire.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

May 212012

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4X4, was parked for three weeks in a driveway of a house during vacation trip. Upon driving the vehicle upon vacation return it was found that the Firestone firehawk 500 235/70R15 right front tire had belt separation causing major vibration, steering difficulty and required tire replacement. Three other Firestone firehawk 500 tires on the vehicle do not indicate any defect upon visual inspection. Firestone recommends replacement of all tires due to age, dot 3303. Tread remaining on tires is 3/32" or more.

- Marco Island, FL, USA

Nov 072008

Blazer

On 6/4/2008 I purchased four tires from walmart in yuma, AZ they were douglas tires 205/75R15bwx-trac II. Walmart installed/mounted and balanced the tires. 5 month's and less then 5000 miles later on 11/7/08 my wife called me to say that a tire was flat when I got there to look at the tire I found that the tire had ripped in six different places from the rim to the tread all the way through. I then looked at the other tires to find that they had indented/impressions in the same pattern around the tire as if starting to crack through like the other one did. Also I was having difficultly keeping the proper psi level in them my vehicle manufacture recommends 35psi, but for some reason these tires will leak out to 20 psi I had to put air in them every month to keep them at the proper level. I went back to walmart the next day on 11/8/2008 after arguing with them they finally replaced all four tires but they used the same brand, and now a month later I'm starting to see the same pattern of indent's/ impressions in the side wall and these tires to leak air as bad as the last set of douglas tires the replacement tires walmart installed are 205/75R15bwx-T. I believe that this brand name has defective tires and this needs to be looked into. I also have pictures of the tires that ripped if I can I will add them to the report but if not just request them from me and I will send them via email. Thank you.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Jul 152003

Blazer

The two right and left wheel bearings were replaced.. the lower ball joint and tires had to be replaced.

- Swanton, MD, USA

Jan 252002

Blazer 4WD

Uniroyal, 235 60R15, original equipment, 31000 miles mounted on a Chevrolet, Blazer, 2000. Right rear tire experienced a blowout while consumer was driving at 55mph, there was some damage to vehicle on the right side.

- Garrison, IA, USA

May 312001

Blazer 4WD

I have tires that show bulges on the sidewall, the supplier states these are were the tire was put together, but there are two to three places on the tire that are now showing these bulges. I tried to contact good year tire but no one would give me the home office address. Don't now of any one that has a problem. (dot number: 105S tiresize: P235/75R15)

- Salem, OR, USA

Nov 182000

Blazer 4WD

A small nail hole was found in tire but not enough to cause this type of damage to tire. (dot number: M6hl tiresize: 23575R15)

- Albany, NY, USA