6.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro:

Jun 152018

Camaro

¿incident #1: on June 15, 2018, after making my normal commute to and from work, I arrived home. Later that evening, when I tried to start my car, I was not able to start it at all. I was unable to figure out what the issue was and had to have it towed back to the dealership. It turned out that the issue was the starter - an issue that should definitely not need to be of concern to a new car owner. While I was provided with a loaner car, I was highly inconvenienced during my father's day weekend. ¿incident #2: while driving car to an appointment on Thursday, June 21, 2018, the gas pedal got stuck and I could not stop the car. I repeatedly tried to apply brakes but this did not work. To avoid crashing, risking my safety and the safety of the other road users, I had to make a quick decision. This decision was for me to kick the gas pedal to break it. In order to drive the car to a safe location, I literally had to use an umbrella in place of the gas pedal to give power to the car.

- Landover, MD, USA

Jun 012016

Camaro

There is an thick and stiff electrical cable that loops very low in front of the top of the clutch pedal. The top of my foot easily catches on this cable with my heel fully on floor of the vehicle. This prevented me from fully compressing the clutch causing my car to stall in cross traffic.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA