Apr 012019

Cobalt

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt. While operating the vehicle, the odor of fuel was present inside and outside the vehicle. Upon inspection, the contact noticed puddles of fuel underneath the vehicle. The cause of the failure was not determined. The manufacturer and local dealer were not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 180,000.

- Vacherie, LA, USA

Mar 112019

Got oil leak

- Newark, DE, USA

Oct 172018

Cobalt

Fuel lines corroded through leaking enough gas that a puddle would form under the vehicle by the rear driver's side tire when stopped. When towed to the dealer the fuel started leaking by only turning the key to the on position without starting the car.

- Oakdale, MN, USA

Oct 252018

Cobalt

Tamara recall I have a fuel leak and it is spilling out at my residence when I started smelling gas.w hen I drove it to work gas was spilling out like water.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Sep 012018

Cobalt

There is a terrible gas fume smell from inside the car. It is stronger on the passenger side where the fuel tank is. The check engine light is also on, again. This happened around 125,500 miles.

- Eagle Creek, OR, USA

Aug 232018

Cobalt

Vehicle keeps stalling and shitting down when turning or a speed bump. Was informed it was the fuel pump

- North Port, FL, USA

Mar 012017

Cobalt

Bought car in 2016 from silver Eagle auto mall in Missouri. Call randomly cuts out while driving on city streets in on highway and have to pull over. Have there very close to accidents on multiple occasions. Battery an alternator have been replaced it does not just dial industrial back up it starts right back up. Now as of August 1st 2018 I am currently smelling strong gas once I get out of car with children... can smell a lot from driver side it may seem also this car has started smelling like gas outside of car car won't start sometimes I'm playing multiple turns with keys and is now cutting out even more while driving... been having problems with car since I bought it far as random cutting out I don't know where the smell is coming from it is not from under hood....

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jul 062018

Cobalt

I was driving my car and I noticed a strong fuel odor coming from my car. I pulled into a parking lot. Left the car running and saw a huge puddle of fuel dripping down onto the ground from the top of the fuel tank. One of the lines right at the fitting into the fuel pump is cracked. They have this already recalled, but only in 15 states and mine isn't one of them. I want Chevy to issue a 50 state recall for this issue. My car could of caught fire and I could of died. This is a very serious issue. A year ago I had to replace the fuel lines from the fuel filter to the fuel rail in the engine because the metal tubing rusted out and cracked. They need to be stainless steel not pot metal. Their is no recall on those fuel lines, but I read lots of complaints for the same issue. I don't have any photos only video of it dripping.

- Parkville, MO, USA

Jul 042018

Cobalt

I already had a recall on the fuel pump or modular and then on the ignition switch. The check engine light has always been on. They couldn't get it to go off even when they did those repairs, then one day the turn signals stopped turning off after making a turn. The newest problem and the scariest one to me is now a gas leak. I went out and started my car, started to reverse and then smelled a strong odor of gas. I stopped and noticed my gas gauge actually going down. So I shut the car off hurried up and got my kids out and then saw the gas pouring on the road from under my car. I can't believe the problems that I've had with this car. Chevy needs to be held accountable for these problems. It's their cheap mistakes. The only reason I have continued to keep the car is because it belonged to my little brother who died in a tragic car cash with his pregnant fiancÉ and my father. So I haven't wanted to part with it. I have seen that others have had the same problems and apparently there was recalls for some of these problems on others but not for my VIN. How is that right? they need to be responsible for fixing this and they need to fix everything correctly this time. I need help with this problem, I'm not sure where else to turn at this point.

- Marion, IL, USA

Jun 212018

Cobalt

Recall number 09V419000 recall date 10/29/2009 component fuel system, gasoline:delivery:fuel pump I'm having the same problems with my car as this recall, but because my VIN isn't flagged the dealership won't repair my vehicle.

- Tuckahoe, NY, USA

May 292018

Cobalt

I had noticed a smell of fuel coming from my vehicle shortly after parking the vehicle, or if it was idling in one space for quite some time. This smell of fuel developed into a fuel drip on to the ground. Researched the concern online, and found there is a recall out for this concern, but not for the state I am currently in. There is a "special coverage" issued (bulletin 12191B) instead for my state which states I can have this concern fixed free of charge. I took it to a dealer, they confirmed I am covered by this special coverage. The dealer has now denied to do the work and forced me to pay for a tow to a different dealer to have the concern fixed, as they refused to carry out the repair.

- Genoa City, WI, USA

Nov 152017

Cobalt

Fuel line rusted out on drivers side because of heat wrap

- Brighton, IL, USA

Jan 012015

Cobalt

I have a gas leak under the car wherevtha gas tank is. I have had this leak for awhile. Wanted to know when the recall will hit Georgia so I can have it fixed. It smells like gas at all times. Almost to the point of making you sick. They have a recall for this in other states. Want to know when it will hit Georgia.

- Alto, GA, USA

Dec 182017

Gas leak

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Dec 142017

Cobalt

Takata recall: I recently purchased a vehicle from someone (private owner) and as the tags will soon expire so I decide to get what needs maintenance done to turn that check engine light off. I got a free estimate from Oż reilly's and told me to go to Chevy and get the maintenance done to my safety recalls. Next morning I drive over to Chevy's dealership where I was denied any recall being done by an employee named sean popplewell. I told him to print me out a paper of what had been done, needing to be done and also took it up with the manager. The service manager confirms I cannot be denied for a maintenance but sees that the only maintenance open online is a service update and that there is nothing they can do salvaged or not. As I recently purchased the vehicle I am being denied my right to a safety recall, not only being denied while driving my 1 and a half year old son, in a vehicle who's check engine light is on due to the safety recalls that I am being denied to. I am within my right to 10 years after the recall is distributed to get the recall done within that time, they are not allowing me too. The car is 100% driveable but I need to get this taken care of so I am not denied in my smog test. I was also not the original owner and the law states that I am not held accountable for a previous owners lack of responsibility, I was not aware, Iżve never had received proper notification I should not be denied service. It's sad to know they have denied me these rights in front of myself and my 1 and a half year old who is in the car 24.7.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Nov 102017

Cobalt

The vehicle can mess up from either driving down the highway or trying to accelerate the vehicle on city street or highway that the engine stalls and says "engine power reduced" the check engine light along with the T/C light comes on. It happens multiple times in just 30 minutes of driving, more for longer trips. It will even do it in 10 minutes of driving. You have to pull over and turn vehicle off for a few minutes and then it drives fine for maybe a mile down the road before it does it again, or, you can continue driving it with the pedal all the way to the floor board trying to get speed which if you do the car shifts gear very badly and rides rough but when you're trying to get to work on time you do what you have too. I have taken the vehicle to a mechanic 3 times over this. Throttle body was changed (twice), they replaced the computer and cleaned the wires. One mechanic was the Chevrolet dealership and they told me they needed it there when it happened to better diagnose the situation. I do not have the ability to let them just keep my vehicle. I have had this vehicle for a little over a year. I bought it used. I have a loan on the vehicle and I am scared to drive this any further than I have to because I know the vehicle will mess up. I have two children that I have to put in this vehicle to take places. This vehicle is extremely unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want help with this situation!! this first happened in November of 2016. I do not know the day specifically. I do remember it did not fall under the dealerships warranty that I got it from.

- Oskaloosa, KS, USA

Jan 012016

Cobalt

Some time ago I received a recall notice for the fuel lines. I contacted dealership and they refused to repair. Currently I have an active fuel leak around fuel tank when driving. Somebody told me about this website, so I am writing here to see if somebody can enforce recall for my car. I don't remember now when I was rejected, so I will put /1/1/2016 for the date. Thanks.

- Boise, ID, USA

Aug 102017

Cobalt

My 2006 Chevy Cobalt ss smells of gas both inside and outside of the car. I researched this issue with my make/model/year of car and found that other states (not mine), had a recall involving the fuel pump on this car. I don't understand why other states didn't recall this issue when many other states have complaints about this issue? I live in Michigan and many others have posted the same problem with their car yet none of us are in the 2 states with the recall. All states should be included as this can cause a fire! I shouldn't have to pay for this to be fixed when it is obvioulsy a serious problem!

- Waterford, MI, USA

Oct 022017

Cobalt

Car is leaking gas badly from top of gas tank.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 022017

Cobalt

My 2006 Cobalt keeps smelling like gasoline fuel. I checked the botom and it is leaking fuel not sure if its from fuel lines on gas tank.

- Denver, CO, USA