Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze:

May 072018

Cruze

The car would become hard to steer and control. ABS and traction control in stability control warning lights flashing. This happens without warning can happen at any speed highway ore city. The times this has occurred was on the highway. (this is a tsb I later found but the could easily caused a crash on accident)

- Topeka, KS, USA

May 032019

Cruze

2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Consumer writes in regards to power steering going out.

- Kendall Park, NJ, USA

Mar 012019

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. While parking the vehicle, the power steering warning indicator illuminated intermittently. An independent mechanic repaired the power steering. The diagnosis information was not provided. The dealer was not made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 39,000..

- Kendall Park, NJ, USA

Dec 202018

Cruze

For some reason when I drive my car it starts shaking sometimes it happens when I start driving or when I brake I tried to find the problem and it looks that it is the drive shaft. I though that it is something that only happened to me but I found out that there are more cars involved in that but my Chevy Cruze 2013 looks like it is not not one of those. What can I do about it ?

- Streamwood, IL, USA

Nov 102018

Cruze

While making right turn in city, car jerked, almost lost control and "service power steering" light came on, then car recovered and was driven home

- Springboro, OH, USA

Oct 272018

Cruze

Vehicle shuts off while driving losing complete power and steering! so dangerous and deadly! taking the car in today, car also riding rough and misfiring. All maintenance done every 3,000 miles. This car has had one problem after another and this last one could have killed my teenager daughter! it stopped on her 5 times on the freeway!

- Poway, CA, USA

Oct 012018

Cruze

I was making a left turn and the steering wheel locked and the radio turned off, I barely made it before getting hit. The steering wheel unlocked and I turned into the first place I could. I turned the car off and tried to start it but the brake was locked and nothing was turning on when I pushed the button. Tried a few times and nothing. While sitting there for about 5 minutes the whole dash came on and I was able to start the car. The radio had been turning on and off a few times on this drive before this happened. But the radio has been doing this for some time.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Sep 262018

Cruze

Steering randomly completely locked in motion. Seemingly random electrical problem remedied on its own and required service technician to check it out to asses safety. Cant be sure of the safety of my vehicle now.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jul 272018

Cruze

Car wouldn't start. Got a "service steering column lock" on the dash. Was able to start the car after a period of time. But engine start and stop still sounds bad.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 082018

Cruze

Car shuts off completely.after 10 minutes will restart.steering locks up while drivng.stabli control comes on.loss of almost al L power.happen in driveway.while driving turning.loss of power so that car wont move.

- Hamersville, OH, USA

Mar 152018

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving approximately 20 mph, the stability control system warning indicator started to flash and the power steering ability did not respond. The contact regained control after approximately five seconds. The contact stated that the failure occurred approximately ten other times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 79,158.

- Gresham, OR, USA

Feb 022018

Cruze

Power steering went out while making a turn in a parking lot and both power steering light, and stabili trak light came on. I could barely control the steering wheel. Later that day car was back to normal.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jan 272018

Cruze

The dealer says that the right cv joint is leaking. Also my steering wheel has a small catch in it when we are driving, wondering if these are related?

- Lebanon, OR, USA

Aug 202017

Cruze

I was driving home from the store and the "service power steering" light came on and I lost power steering. The stabilitrak light was also on. It was very difficult to steer the car home. I took the car to the dealer and they tell me they can't find anything wrong with the car. They are going to keep it another day to see if they can make the code come up, but if it doesn't then I get to drive a car that can crash because of power steering failure. This is extremely dangerous to have the steering go out while driving. GM needs to find out why this is happening and fix it.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 122017

Cruze

My Chevy Cruze stability track control system malfunctions and my car loses power and I lose steering control and must pull over on the freeway. It has happened 5 times. Plus my stereo goes out. My Chevy dealer said it is not covered because my warranty has expired. Must pay over $400 to repair the faulty indicator. This is a huge safety problem because it can happen when I am on the freeway going 65 mph and my car decelerates down to 40 mph and I could crash? it has happened twice on the freeway and three times on the city street.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jul 182017

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that when attempting to drive, the vehicle had a steering (steering wheel with a ranch) and the traction warning lights illuminated. The steering wheel was loose and failed to turn appropriately when desired. The contact took the vehicle to a certified mechanic who was unable to identify the cause of the failure. The contact then contacted the healey GM dealer where it was informed that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- Port Jervis, NY, USA

Jul 152017

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving 18 mph, the steering wheel seized and the wrench warning sensor indicator illuminated. Shortly after, the steering wheel returned to normal and the contact regained control. In addition, other error warning indicators illumianted as the window rolled up and down. The manufacturer and dealer were not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 71,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jun 162017

Cruze

While driving, power steering locked up, car turned off and then back on. The radio turned off and then back on and close driver window lit up. This has happened on 4 different occasions now. Steering locked up while on I-95. Radio on and off while turning onto highway and window message while car was stationary.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

May 152017

Cruze

While driving to work on the highway my radio will turn off and on multiple times and my stability control will turn off and it will be hard to turn the vehical. A warning comes on the information screen saying check stability control and also check power steering. It has happened multiple times it have happened today as well as I was driving on the feeder

- Kingwood, TX, USA

May 042017

Cruze

While driving on the highway steering locked up. Two day after power steering light and stabilltrak lights were

- Spencer, OH, USA