Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze:

Jul 252019

Cruze

The screen goes black sometimes. The car shuts off by it self. It gives different warnings one was electric stability control and the other was check power steering. It has happened while driving and stationary. It has happened to me more than once and on the road and in a parking lot. I brought it to where I purchased it and they thought they fixed it but it happened again today.

- Caledonia, OH, USA

Mar 242019

Cruze

This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks I run in to same issues driver information center (dic) displayed: (1) power steering issues (2) traction control (3) stibiltrack (4) RPM gauge goes nuts (5) oil level zeroes out then reappears (6) speed meter blank out (7) radio (MP3 usb player stops working ) (8) head light flicker (high beams look like low beams and low beams like dimmers (9) steering wheel vibrates and gets stiff but still drive able (10) does this for 1hr to 3 hr car acts normal but goes nuts and lose gas at a 2gal every 15 min normally it last longer but then goes back to close to where it was before this stated dealer replaced the PCV vale head as he said it had a air leak "?" mile on car 71,000 used as a personal car and last 1 1/2 as a lyft car and a pvt office when I had to work as a security gurd and had to remain in car in open lot in middle of winter storm with no heat ( 36 hr on with a 100 mile back and forth trip to site for a weekend )

- Rochester, NH, USA

Feb 162019

Cruze

Tried twice, car did not start. No lights just dead. Tried once more started, all looked ok. Drove 1/4 mile engine died with a clunk and jerk, service power steering warning came on, then service traction control warning came on. Steered off road (power steering was working) put vehicle in park, tried to start several times. Interior light came on but would not start. After several minutes tried again, started and check engine light was lit. Drove to home and while in reverse to park, engine died again.

- Sellersburg, IN, USA

Oct 072018

Cruze

When driving on the highway, or turning there was a slight glitch or hesitation in steering.

- Nekoosa, WI, USA

Aug 102018

Cruze

Steering angle sensor electrical failure. I backed out of my driveway; after putting it in "drive" the car fishtailed and the "service steering wheel" message came on the dash. I brought it to simpson Chevrolet and they diagnosed the "steering angle sensor electrical failure" and replaced the steering angle sensor. They stated that the car was unsafe to drive.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Oct 012017

Cruze

When you are driving or you are driving the vehicle, you can play a game on the steering wheel when you turn left or right and you feel a few blows and thunders that are really worrying because I take a lot of the track for and with my children in the car. Thank you for your attention

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 292017

Cruze

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving less than 40 mph, the power steering indicator illuminated and the steering wheel locked. As a result of the steering wheel locking, the vehicle eventually shut off and the contact had to wait a while for the vehicle to restart. When the steering wheel locked, it also caused the contact to lose control of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the fh dailey Chevrolet dealer (800 davis St, san leandro, ca), but the diagnosis was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 272017

Cruze

While driving my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze lt the radio shut off, lights flickered, service engine light came on, and other warning lights temporarily flickered on and off for a few seconds before returning back to normal. This happens multiple times daily often involving the power steering. While turning the vehicle, the radio will shut off, lights will flicker, and power steering will completely shut off causing the steering wheel to jerk while in the turning processes. The car has trouble starting often and sometimes will not start. The battery has been tested and is fine as well as the alternator. Sometimes the radio will shut off and not come back on until the next day even after restarting the vehicle. The largest and most dangerous issue I have had with my vehicle is the steering wheel locking up while turning. The vehicle wouldn't start on one occasion or even attempt to start and the key was locked in the ignition for about 30 minutes before finally the lights all came back on in the car and it started back.

- Haskell, OK, USA

Apr 022017

Cruze

Instrument cluster flickers. Then radio goes out. Warnings for stablitrack, cruise control and antilock brakes. Gauges go down. Power steering goes out and car jerks suddenly. Occurs repeatedly when the car has been operating about an hour with highway speeds around 65mph.

- Pinetop, AZ, USA

Feb 052017

Cruze

The car turn off on it self when im driving, it all ready happen 5 times on a row, I took the vehicle to mission Chevrolet at el paso tx, where I buy the car at but the guys from service can't find what its wrong with the car, I already talk with the supervisor from service department and a guy from GM so we can take it to the next level. I already took the car to get fix 8 times and they can't find the problem.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 282016

Cruze

We just purchased this car Saturday 28 may '16, and drove it off the dealer lot at 5:09pm. Within 2 hours, while driving down the freeway at 60-75mph, the steering began to catch & stick in place. We had to jerk the wheel rather forcefully to get it to cut loose & allow us, a human, to once again gain control of the steering of this car. The next day, while driving down the freeway again, the same thing, only this time, the wind gust blew so hard it blew the car into the other lane! thank god, there was no one in that lane at that moment. This is all due to the fact that the car's computerized steering system would not allow the driver to correct the steering when incurring wind pressure! you folks at NHTSA, as well as GM, know this is a problem & yet even NHTSA rep, catherine howden, implied its not dangerous and does not warrant a recall when she stated: "...the symptoms described would be a brief, perceptible change in steering feel that has little to no effect on the drivers ability to safely steer the vehicle." Bs!! you drive one of these cars out on the freeway. Put your precious family in it & then tell me it's safe! this has the familiar stench of bribery written all over it! to top it all off; as soon as the shops opened Tuesday, I took this car into a shop that I know I can trust, to fix the issue. They were straight up & told me "this is an issue with the electronic steering that Chevy makes. It's their computer problem & they have to fix it. We don't have the tools." I took it to the dealer that day & they refused to fix it! why" because, according to the clerk at smith Chevrolet, luke, they drove it 8 miles and it didn't catch for them. What a joke!! it has already been well established that the car has to be driven for at least an hour before this will happen. Where is your conscience" fix this!! it is very dangerous!!!

- Kapolei, HI, USA

May 182016

Cruze

Steering seems to get stuck in straight line highway driving and when trying to turn to go with curve of the road you feel resistance and then suddenly goes way making you swerve from middle of lane to outside of lane scarring not only you but other drivers as well.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

May 112016

Cruze

Since owning my new 2015 Cruze I have had several concerns which have not been addressed of fixed by the technicians the list is: While traveling down the road my radio system has blacked out; shut off and restarted itself; it happens every other time I am in the car, sometime it happens several time on a long drive. I have also experience drifting of the car when traveling down the highway; when I correct the drift the steering wheel is stiff and causes an over correction pulling me the other direction. The biggest concern I have experience lately is the loud high pitched noise coming from under the hood; this occurs after I have parked the car and removed the key; one time I could hear the coolant lines gurgling. Very scary not knowing what is going on under there.

- Deer Park, WA, USA

Jan 242016

Cruze

The contact owned a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving at 40 mph and attempting to turn the vehicle, the steering wheel seized. The contact crashed into a telephone pole. The front end of the vehicle caught fire and the air bags deployed. The fire department extinguished the fire. The origin of the fire was not determined. A fire report was filed. The contact sustained a contusion to the chest. The rear passengers and driver sustained concussions to the head. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Cruze

Cruze eco steering sticks when driving down highway after a few seconds of no input. Then when you turn it sticks and then jerks a bit when it frees up. This could be a safety issue when roads are icy or if this gets worse. I am currently trying to get information or repair from dealer.

- Richwood, OH, USA

Jun 012015

Cruze

This complaint is regarding 3 issues since my vehicle purchase mid April of this year. The vehicles mileage at purchase was 7 miles and currently has approx. 6100 miles on odometer. The 3 issues are: #1) regularly while driving my vehicle at approx. 45-50 mph there is a steady humming noise coming from the engine compartment on the drivers side that last about 30-45 seconds. #2) also while driving my vehicle in traffic and coasting without pressing gas or brake going approx. 5-10mph the engine will shutter and cause the car to shake. The engine feels like its going to stall but I always press the gas petal so it continues driving without stalling since I'm always on the freeway when it occurs #3) involves the same or similar driving environment as issue #2. this issue occurs while coasting at various speeds unlike issue #2 where the cause feels like it could be the engine this is more like the transmission slipping into different gears mostly downshifting since the car suddenly jerks back as though you slammed on your brakes for a second and it regularly happens only while car is coasting at various speeds which I'm regularly doing since I drive down the cajon pass sitting in traffic every day, while coasting it happens almost every 90-120 seconds. On 7/21 I contacted my dealership and received a appointment for 7/22 since these issues could cause something very serious to happen to my wife or myself. Though I have not had my car looked at by my dealership yet, I still wanted to make this report to insure that other owners are aware of the issue I'm facing, and this hopefully gets investigated thoroughly (by a third party) before someone gets seriously injured in a accident.

- Hesperia, CA, USA