2.6

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:

Mar 202019

Cruze

My 2016 Chevy Cruze ls started making a roaring noise while driving down the road then the steering got very stiff I barely made it home and I called the dealership and they informed me that if I continue to drive the car this way the steering will lock up at anytime and it could cause a very bad accident for I will not have no control over the car.

- Petroleum, WV, USA

Feb 012019

Cruze

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving up a hill at approximately 70 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost power and decelerated to 20 mph. Also, the service stabilitrac and check engine indicators illuminated. The vehicle was towed to weimer Chevrolet (10355 mt. Savage road nw, cumberland, md) where it was diagnosed that the engine piston failed and the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,800.

- Ridgeley, WV, USA

Jul 282018

Cruze

I have had issues with engine losing power or staling without warning. No warning lights will come on before hand. I first started experience issue in July 2018, the engine stalled at stop light; the vehicle was repaired and returned in August. The issue returned in Oct, at this time it staled going threw intersection which almost resulted in a wreck. Dec it loss power while going down hey I pulled to side and had car pulled in. Last week it stalled while going down highway had no power, I called dealership and Chevy and was giving an appointment to bring it in. Itis currently in the shop for the same issues. I have made several complaints to chevolet and dealership with no results. The car is being service at paris Texas chevolet (903) 784-7446 for the 4th time.

- Hugo, OK, USA

Jan 032018

Cruze

"takata recall" car randomly looses power and shuts off while driving on freeway, electrical outlets won't work, stabilization warning appear, battery leaks acid.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Sep 012018

Cruze

2016 Chevy Cruze ltz faulty battery negative cable causing battery corrosion, while driving car has power steering errors (loss of stable steering capabilities), traction system errors, reduced vehicle power, problems with cruise control (speeds up by itself). Contacted GM and informed them of this issue. They denied coverage, despite having identified the same safety issues with the 2011-2015 models.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Oct 292018

Cruze 4-cyl

It doesnżT happen all the time but every few days passenger side doors stay it's open whether IżM driving or sitting still. The locks will try to lock when they are already locked and the door warning sign goes off. Also if my front tire needs air the back tire warning sign will go off and vice versa. The first time I realized this I had put air in the front tire but the light stayed on for the back tire. When I put air I the front tire the back tire warning sign went out. Today the radio went out but the screen didnżT cut off. The car is parked and keys are not in the ignition but the radio screen is still lit up. Updated 11/9/18

- Nashville, TN, USA

Jun 212018

Cruze

Code U0164 :data communication with the climate control system has been lost or interrupted. Code U0155 : data communication with the instrument panel system has been lost or interrupted. Received these codes from on stsr took my vehicle to dealership next day they said they found no errors. But, I don't know how now when ever I use xm sirius radio it always says lost connection/signal. Also, vehicle is always hot like the heater is on when it's not on. Has lost in acceleration while driving highway and city streets been doing that for the last month or 2. also the dashboard seems to not be working no lights come on when fluids are needed.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Oct 022017

Cruze

Car goes into limp mode after warms up and says service power steering and service track stability very dangerous in traffic

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Mar 152017

Cruze

I purchased the vehicle in March of 2017 with 36,000 miles on it. A few days after purchase, I've noticed that the radio will randomly shut off and come right back on. Every time this happens I will also see a message appear on the dashboard stating "service stabilitrak". I notice it happens once in a while if I am driving through city streets. When I drove the car on the highway, I realized it shuts off and on more frequently. I also noticed that when my radio flickers off, my lights and turn signals also shut off.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Jan 302017

Cruze

Took my car in to have recall work done (high mount stop lamp fasteners leak ) chmsl. And I have had a water leak ever since. My car has been to the dealership 3 times in the past month. Every time they tell me its something different that they fix, yet I still have a water leak that could cause a short in the printed circuit board resulting in an unattended fire.

- Vancouver, WA, USA