Most common solutions:

2. throttle body replaced (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

Jan 062018

Equinox LT 2.4L V4

click to see larger images

stalled while driving

I would hope to get some understanding and clarification of why as an owner of a GM vehicle (I own two GM vehicles: Chevy Equinox 2011 and Buick Regal 2012) I do have to support the costs for a defective part at just 52 K miles and which should rather be part of a mass recall for these vehicles due to its very hazardous nature.

The last time I've had this issue was on this past Saturday - January the 6th of 2018 , when I was trying to position myself on the right lane for an upcoming right turn when suddenly the "engine check" light came on along with "reduced engine power" message followed immediately by another message "Service Stability Track"... and what made it worse was that the engine started to shake and it completely stalled in the middle of the road ...the only way to drive the car was to quickly turn off the engine, turn it back on and also I had to take the "stability track control" off + enabled the ECO mode and drove it under 20 miles/hour until my daughter and I were able to pull over on the side of the road. If this would've happened on a highway while on the left lane, I would prefer to not even think what could've happened.

The fact that GM is not even backing up its vehicles, it is most disturbing and apparently losing loyalty among their fan-base. I was a fan and had plans for future GM cars, but this might change my views.

Today we took our car to a Chevy dealer and we were told that this part - throttle body, would not be covered under the "power train" warranty and also, would not be covered by the extended warranty issued by GM on July of 2016 with the reference number N151702790 (GWM Number: 2015810) and which apparently only covers the "Catalytic Converter".

We've ended up paying $ 572 for the replacement of a component which should never fail at this mileage and what's worse is the way it stalls the car, causing to be a real safety issue for the passengers of the car.

- , Staten Island, NY, US

Jan 052018

Equinox 3L V6

stalled in suddenly lost engine power. catalyc converter on

Do not want to make any comment before hearing from the dealer tomorrow

- , Brampton, ON, Canada