2.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox:

Sep 062019

Equinox

Takata recall my wipers just stopped working in the middle of pouring rain you can hear the motor working but wipers just stopped driving in the city bringing the kids home from school city street traveling 25-29 mph checked to fuse it was sok we had to pull over and wait then get a uber it was scary!!!!

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Aug 182019

Equinox

Windshield wipers suddenly stoped working. I can hear the motor running, but the wipers don't move.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Jul 222019

Equinox

The windshield wipers suddenly stopped working in the middle of a storm while driving.

- Drexel Hill, PA, USA

Jul 122019

Equinox

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving approximately 70 mph in pouring rain, the front windshield wipers suddenly stopped working. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Nemincht Chevrolet (1550 cassat avenue, jacksonville, fl) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 092019

Equinox

I was driving in very heavy rain on the highway during a time where there was low visibility and my windshield wipers stopped working. I had 3 children in the car with me (2 were in a car seats). Once I was able to get over to the shoulder I called onstar/ Chevy roadside assistance and they informed me that the only way they could assist was to tow my car to a dealership which in reality wasn┐T possible because the 3 kids and I were not going to fit in the truck with the tow truck driver. So the kids and I waited in the car on the shoulder of the highway during heavy traffic until the rain stopped so that I could drive my car to a safer place..

- Radcliff, KY, USA

Jul 032019

Equinox

While driving during a heavy rain fall, my wipers just stopped working. I had to pull over and wait about 20 minutes for the rain to clear so I could drive home. Very unsafe. Chevy needs to put a recall out for this and fix it.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Jun 132019

Equinox

Wipers stopped working in heavy down pours almost caused a serious accident on the interstate.

- Newport, ME, USA

May 122019

Equinox

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving approximately 60 mph in a rain storm, the front windshield wipers stopped operating. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the wiper motor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the failure was remedied. The local dealer (williams Chevrolet, 2 automotive blvd, elkton, md) was notified of the failure, but no assistance was offered. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 62,000.

- Northeast, MD, USA

May 202019

Equinox

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving 25 mph, the windshield wipers were set to high, but would not operate. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The local dealer was not contacted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and provided case number: 09-5253790500. The contact was referred to the local dealer. The failure mileage was 47,916.

- Holliston, MA, USA

May 092019

Equinox

Driving 75 mph in pouring rain and windshield wipers just stopped. Made it to side of road but had to be towed home due to wipers stopping

- Lexington, OH, USA

May 032019

Equinox

I was traveling in inclement weather (rainstorm) and suddenly the windshield wiper linkage failed, causing failure of the drivers side wiper. I was traveling at highway speeds (55+ mph) at the time on I 270 in columbus, oh. Instantly lost visibility and luckily was able to navigate to the berm without being involved in an accident. Traffic was heavy at the time. This is the second Chevrolet Equinox that I experienced this same issue with, the prior vehicle was a 2013 Equinox. This also happened to two of my co-workers who drive Chevy equinoxes.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

May 022019

Equinox

The windshield wipers for our company vehicle (2016 Chevrolet Equinox) had partially failed one day prior to both windshield wipers failing. You cannot use them at all, even when trying to run them, nothing happens. No other previous issue has occurred to cause the wipers from failing.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Dec 282018

Equinox

Windshield wipers abruptly became inoperable through no fault of my own. Nothing stuck it/them, there was no accident, etc. One minute they were working and the next the minute completely stopped moving and haven┐T worked since. Sounds similar to current investigation/complaint opened in 11/2018.

- Nemacolin, PA, USA

Dec 082018

Equinox 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Equinox. When the contact attempted to open the driver's door, he heard a loud noise and the rear window exploded and glass shattered. Pine belt Chevrolet (1088 NJ-88, lakewood township, NJ 08701, (732) 523-0826) was notified. The dealer stated that because the failure had not happened in a couple of years, there was no way that the contact would be able to prove that this was a failure. The dealer stated that a rock may have caused the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000. Vehicle was repaired.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jul 202018

Equinox

I was driving on the interstate, in the pouring down rain. Then my windshield wipers quit working. They were making a sound, but would not move. I could have wrecked and gotten hurt. I have only had this vehicle for one month, when this happened. It only had 80,000 miles on it. There is apparently a recall on this for specific cheverlot equinoxes made in 2015, which if this vehicle is a 2016, would have been made in that time frame. Will you please help me?

- Theodore, AL, USA

Apr 132018

Equinox

Wipers just stopped working during rain storm. Internet shows 1000's of the same issue going back to 2010 at least. Wiper module is what they call it.$325 per car to fix. "? bushings that hold arm break. Why if this many people for this many years have this problem does Chevrolet not change the part.or buy better parts. This is a scam to make money in the service department. We were told by the service dept. You should never run your wipers on high or it will break again ?????what the ??" this is my first and last Chevy I will ever buy...I do not like being scammed and will never be by GM again !!!!

- Clawson, MI, USA

Mar 142018

Equinox

I drove the vehicle onto a 7" ramp to change the oil. When I started to back off the ramps, the rear window shattered.

- Hawarden, IA, USA

Oct 212017

Equinox

The rear window exploded on its own into thousands of tiny pieces, although it remained intact until I opened and closed the car doors, then it fell apart into the back end of vehicle. I was sitting stationary in the car with another passenger in an empty parking lot. Engine was off for 5 minutes. Outside air temp 48, inside 65. No bullet hole, no rock mark or any other external cause.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Mar 042017

Equinox

This safety problem could cause an accident. I am 5'4'' and sit upright with the correct distance from the steering wheel and pedals. When driving or sitting the front view towards the right and somewhat also when looking left, is obstructed by the side mirrors. Looking to the sides towards each side's mirror (not into the mirror but to see cross traffic when crossing an intersection or turning into a parking spot) the view of oncoming traffic or pedestrians is in a blind spot. The view is blocked by the side mirror and the arm of the mirror attaching the mirror to the car. Also the wideness of the frame of the front window on each side to accommodate the airbag contributes to the blocked viewing too. This has led to me nearly hitting someone crossing the street and nearly being T-boned by a car that was completely invisible coming from the right side for a few seconds until it passed out of the blocked area. I called my dealer and there are no alternate side mirrors to purchase or any cameras that they knew of for this front side blind spot. (this is not the blind spot that cameras are used for the see slightly behind the driver.)

- Albuquerque, NM, USA