Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox:

Aug 022019

Equinox

Please look into this issue, very dangerous! I was on my way home from work driving on the northeast extension of the pa turnpike heading South, and I was between exit 95 & exit 87 on Friday 8/2/19 at approx. 3:30 pm. I was driving the posted speed limit of 70 mph and was not using cruise control when the car abruptly shifted into low gear, flashed a ┐reduced power mode┐ warning, and went into a ┐limp┐ mode where it was slowing down to eventually stop itself, but I was at 40 or 35 when I pulled over. The engine light was on, and thank god no one was behind me, I wasn┐T in construction and I had a spot I could safely pull off onto the shoulder. I have a 2017 Chevy Equinox with only 40,000 miles on it. I shut the vehicle off and sat for 5 minutes or so. When I turned it back on, the reduced power warning was gone, but the check engine light was still on. I was able to drive it home and called the dealer, Chevy wind gap, to see if I had to have it towed there or if I could drive it in myself. They told me they thought it was just a sensor malfunction, that it should reset itself, and that I could drive it there for them to look at which is exactly what happened. The check engine light went off after a few days, and Chevy wind gap was unable to find any current code history of the reduced power mode so now I┐M just driving in fear every time I get into the thing that it's going to do this again at any time. I don┐T want to take passengers for fear of putting them in danger. If this happened in heavy traffic with a tractor trailer on my bumper, it could make for a very dangerous situation. I have always loved the Chevy Equinox, this is the 3rd one we┐ve bought, please listen to your customers out there that this is happening to because that number is growing each day. Please give us piece of mind to feel safe again in our new Chevy Equinox.

- Jim Thorpe, PA, USA

Apr 072017

Equinox

The contact owns a 2017 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the vehicle unintentionally accelerated while attempting to reverse with the brake pedal depressed. The contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a parked, unoccupied vehicle. The contact's vehicle came to a stop on its own. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to the local dealer for diagnostic testing, but a failure code could not be located. The manufacturer was not notified. A police report was filed. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- Phoenixville, PA, USA