Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet HHR:

May 072013

HHR 4-cyl

While driving on the highway my service ESC light came on along with the road traction picture and my car started jerking and shaking after a few minutes my check engine light came on. My husband thought it was misfiring so he changed out the spark plugs but it is still doing the same thing. The ESC light will go off for a few miles but will came back on.

- Willis , TX, USA

May 142012

HHR 4-cyl

The eps (electronic power steering) goes out in my 2009 Chevrolet HHR every single day, usually after about 5 minutes of driving. It hasn't caused me to have a major accident yet, but it caused me to scrape against a guard rail. The eps motor needs a recall immediately, as this is a well known issue with many HHR owners!!!

- Huntington , WV, USA

Aug 082011

HHR 4-cyl

My 2009 HHR has several times shown a ESC service light. Also, there is a constant roar and alternating roar from the front suspension, not sure what it is.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA