9.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

Sep 092007

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 25 mph downhill, the vehicle vibrated and hesitated when the brake pedal was depressed. The brakes also made a loud grinding noise. There were no warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they stated that the failure was related to the rotors. The technician resurfaced and deglazed the rotors. The vehicle was taken to the dealer a total of four times for the failures. The better business bureau mandated the manufacturer to repair the vehicle for free. The defect had been previously repaired and is awaiting to be repaired again. The contact was concerned of the safety risk involved. The failure mileage was 1,732 and current mileage was 18,006.

- Ashville , NC, USA

Mar 162008

Impala

Brakes get dirt on them and start grinding at the rotors especially the back brakes.

- Melbourne, AR, USA

Sep 122008

Impala

I bought a brand new Impala, year 2008. After approximately 10K miles I experienced a vibration in the rear when braking. When I brought the car to radley Chevrolet in fredericksburg, they told me that the rotors were warped and it was my fault and not covered by warranty. They said that the lug nut torque was not correct and uneven. I never touched the lug nuts or rotated the tires as the torque issue was rear only and tread wear proved there had been no rotation. I went to Chevrolet customer service who stated the radley service manager was such a great guy and he believed the service manager. When I explained that the tread wear proved the tires were not rotated he then told me that not rotating the tires was a maintenance violation also. I asked him that now you are claiming the uneven torque was due to me not rotating the tires. I am frustrated as I am right and never touched those tires or nuts. I am not even sure where the wrench is.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 032007

Impala

When driving 2008 Chevrolet 4 door lost control at a turning of highway. No speeding and no ticket. This car a safety issue with steering and the brakes.

- Alameda, CA, USA