Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Impala:

Jan 122019

Impala

While driving at no more than 65 mph on the freeway the control arm gave out and it caused loss of control. Then it hit the barrier wall and the 2 tire on the driver side blew on contact. Towed to mechanic and they said that the tie rods also went out. The brakes and shocks and struts were new and it is regularly in the shop for diagnostics and repairs. This is inexcusable and this vehicle needs to be completely recalled and taken out of circulation.

- Garland, TX, USA

Sep 272017

Impala

Used car purchased with approx. 72,000 miles. Major problems became apparent at 73,000 miles approx. Grinding clunking squealing noises were 1st warning signs. All of these noises occur anytime the vehicle is being driven, intermittently, but everytime I turn left or right. The ac/heater went out because the blower motor failed. Handling was horrible so replaced most of suspension parts but alignment repeatedly goes out and mechanics are idiots so they just say they are stumped and send me away. That prompted me to research on my own. I looked up the symptoms and have concluded that the hub bearings need to be replaced. Which I cannot afford seeing as how I just spent a few grand on other repairs.then I found out that the transmission is failing which makes it jerk when accelerating, drive very sluggish, and makes loud noises at idle and in motion. There is more problems that would take too long to list. I continue to research all of this vehicles complaints and problems and it seems like it is time for a real recall! GM should be held accountable for making such a nightmare of a car. I just purchased the car from a dealership for $10,000 one year ago and still owe $8,600. Just had the car appraised at $3,000, so I am upside down $5,500. I cannot trade it in, cannot afford perpectually repairing and would not because it seems like there is no end. It is parked now because I cannot drive it anymore, so I cannot get to work and may have to have it repossesed. This is not right!

- Garland, TX, USA

Feb 152012

Impala

All 4 and 1 replacement tire or the original factory installed Goodyear Eagle tires failed due to belt seperation from the tread. One was a major failure at highway speed and L had to make an emergency exit off of the highway and get it replaced while on a trip away from home. All tires failed before rhe 30,000 mile rating. Rhe first one failed before 10,000 miles. Purxhased car from redriver Chevrolet shreveport/bossier city, la.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Nov 132017

Impala

My Chevrolet Impala was in motion when my ABS and trac sensor keeps coming on. Now it's happening everytime I drive. It almost locks on me when I'm driving and it scares me for my safety of my kids and myself in the vehicle. I looked up to to see what the problem could be and there has been a lot of complains for that 2012 model. My lights will flash on and off (trac sensor and ABS) and it makes a weird noise

- Grandfield, OK, USA

Jan 202018

Impala

70,000 miles, stabiltrak warning on startup and engine power loss. Error message was about a sensor, replaced the hub and the wiring harness to fix. So far no more problems but I've seen this issue countless times and I'm surprised there wasn't a recall yet.

- Ft Huachuca, AZ, USA

Aug 012016

Impala

ABS light comes on stabiltrac light comes on brakes pulse and grind on occasion don't want to stop at times like your on ice

- Germantown, OH, USA

Apr 282016

Impala

The vehicle would not stop after applying brakes made awful noise and I rear ended a car. It was clear, dry and sunny at the time and should have been able to stop. I believe the stabilitrak system is faulty. The tire pressure sensor has now started coming on since the car accident. The dealer that the body shop took the car to after it fixed the front bumper said it's not the tire sensor that's bad.

- Irwin, PA, USA

May 152012

Impala

The tires continually loose air. The dealer way back when said tires were my expense. Took it to discount tire and they said the rims are not smooth enough for a tight seal. I need to add air every 2 weeks without fail. Now I'm past the 36 month warranty.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA

Dec 122012

Impala

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 30 mph, the rear driver side wheel made a thud sound. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the spare tire screws inside the trunk were tightened; however, the failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer again. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000.

- Buffalo , NY, USA

Sep 192013

Impala

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, when accelerating and decelerating there would be an abnormal noise coming from the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the failure was interment. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the spider gear failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000.

- Rockhill, SC, USA

Dec 112013

Impala

The first time was in Dec. 2013. Everytime I backed up I heard a clunk. I took it to the dealership and was told it was a bad right rear wheel hub. I was in luck because it was covered by my extended warranty minus the $100 deductible. The car only had 40,000 miles on it. The second time was today,3/14/2014. I went in for a state inspection and was told that the right front hub was bad. The warranty covered it again. The car only has 42,190 on it. Only 2000 miles between occurrences. Something is seriously wrong here. Also I was just told of a recall on the power steering hose. Does this include my 2012 Impala?

- Bloomsburg, PA, USA