0.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

Jan 042015

Silverado

"dash boards".... my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado dashboard is cracking and crumbling everyday. It is to the point now that I am adding duck tape just to keep it up. Chevrolet should take responsibility for this and repair my dashboard and issue a recall. This problem began 1 year ago, and I have never been in any accident with this truck.

- Uniontown, AL, USA

Aug 132011

Silverado

Rear fuel tank strap was rusty. Broke off going down the road at 55 mph. Did not cause an accident.

- Locust Grove, OK, USA

Jan 212011

Silverado

On a snowy day going back home for lunch, I tried to stop at a 4 way stop but it took a little bit longer than I expected. First I thought it was because of the ABS engagement and road condition. But I felt something unusual, so I pressed the brake pedal after leaving the 4way stop around 30mph. Then the pedal started loosing back pressure and it went down to the floor before it stopped. I could come back home with lower gear down shifting and parking brake. When I checked the bottom of the vehicle, I found fluid leakage around the brake line on the floor.

- Troy, OH, USA