7.8

$980

Most common solutions:

2. replace condenser unit (8 reports)
  3. replace the condenser (3 reports)
  4. replaced hose and added an "upgrade" bracket (3 reports)
  5. replace A/C compressor (2 reports)
  6. replace line and o ring (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

May 022018

Silverado 1500 LS 5.3L

I will never purchase another Chevy again. They're are hundreds of the same issue problem with the condenser going out on the 1500. Even after pointing this out to the dealer and Chevy, they did nothing about this and refused to acknowledge the defective part/problem.

This is sad for a 3 yr old truck that has been well maintained.

- jwhit32, Coeur D Alene, US

Apr 262018

Silverado 1500 LS 5.3L V8

Just bought the truck used. Then spring comes rolling around and boom AC not cooling at all. Not one bit.

- Jakob S., Washington, IL, US

Apr 132016

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Nothing like buying your first new truck and having it being the worst decision I ever made. Coming in from a hot day working in the sun for 10 hours to get into a hotter truck to sit in traffic for hours is just great. Chevy has become a joke anymore. And now I'm having other issues with the truck. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHEVY IN MY LIFE. And that's all I have ever owned and that's all my dad and mom have ever owned.

- Adam M., Brandywine, MD, US

Feb 282018

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L V8

The air conditioning stopped cooling in my 2014 Chevy Silverado. The mechanic found that the condenser was leaking. The repair at my local repair shop cost $751.41 for a new condense and 4 days without my truck. After this repair I did some research online and discovered I am not the only one having this problem!

I wrote a complaint Email to Chevy explaining that this defective part should be warrantied and recalled. Chevy did contact me by phone the same day. I was told that I should of went to a dealership and possibly they would of covered the condenser. I'm filing every complaint I can and maybe one day we will get relief.

- johnzm, Allen Park, US

Mar 142018

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado with 55000 miles the A/C started blowing hot 3 weeks ago. The dealership doesn't wanna do anything about it but charge me a bunch of money to check it out, just to tell me what the problem is. I did pay somebody to do a pressure test on it. They did it twice and detected no leaks, so they refilled it and it blew cold for 2 weeks. Now it's blowing hot again as of today.

- Leonard W., Fort Pierce, US

Mar 212018

Silverado 1500 High Country V8

One week ago the A/C in my 2014 Chevy Silverado High Country started blowing hot air. Been reading about all the issues other 2014 Chevy Silverado owners are having. Called the dealer and there hasn't been a recall. But they definitely know about the issue as they have had several phone calls on this.

- Ryan D., Las Vegas, US

Feb 282018

Silverado 1500 2LT Z71 5.3L V8

I've had my 2014 Silverado since it was almost brand new. All of a sudden my air stopped cooling so I took it to a local shop and was told it'd be $1400 to repair because the part for my truck was "unfortunately" very expensive. Of course my truck is past the 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty but I feel like Chevy made a faulty part. I called GM corporate who, of course, advised me that my truck was out of warranty (like I didn't already know that since I started the conversation with "I know I'm out of warranty") and here were no recalls for that part and although there are numerous complaints, they cannot go by third party complaints. Fed up, I called my local dealer and gave them my case number to see if there is any type of good will that they can work with me on and pay all or at least part of the cost. I'm still waiting to hear back and have called numerous times and the service manager is always out. Guess GM nor their dealers care to keep customers.

- Dakota A., Winston Salem, US

Sep 102017

Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L V8

On Sept Sept 10, 2017 I noticed the A/C fan was blowing, but I was not getting cool air. I took it to the GM dealer on Sept 13, 2107 (47131 Mi) and they could not find the leak, so the mechanic put in a dye and recharged the system. It cooled for a couple days and again stopped, I returned the truck to the dealer on Sept 26, 2017 (47657 Mi) and the dealer replaced hose (pn 23438932), bracket (pn23264893) plus refrigerant for a total amount of $418.52.

Then on Feb 24, 2018 the A/C stopped cooling. I returned the truck to the dealer on Feb 27,2018 with 57,796 miles and the same hose (pn 23438932) had a hole in it. The dealer again replaced the hose (which by the way has got to be a defective part) and replaced the bracket (pn 232649893) recharged the system and currently it is working good. Do the math, the first replacement hose did not last but 10,138 miles.....wonder it this one is going to last any longer....Dealer did not charge me for the replacement part the second time since it was under warranty.

One problem was that from time I left home to returning home was 5.5 hours to get the A/C problem resolved...I have been things to do than go a sit in a dealer waiting room for stuff like this..GM knows this is a problem but not doing anything about it except to have the customer pay the bill and replace a defective part with the same defective part which has been installed on thousands of vehicles. It is time for GM to step up to the plate and get rid of the defective part and replace it for a quality part. If I didn't have any better engineers that this I would fire them... I have a 2001 Chevrolet 1500 V8 with over 270,000 miles and the A/C still works fine and never had anything done to it.

- dennis10.cooper, Leesburg, US

Feb 012018

Silverado 1500 Z71

Not even 30 days later we had to put it back in the shop for the same issue. Same dealership.

Stingray Chevrolet, 1475 W. Main St, Bartow FL 33830. Phone 863-800-9999. Ryan was the service writer. we brought all this to his attention. He told me that GM was having issues with the same condenser on other vehicles. $2,400.00 in less than 30 days on a 2014 vehicles seems a little ridicules

- Art A., Floral City, FL, US

Mar 132015

Silverado 1500 WT 4.6L

a couple of months after buying it, the AC dash controls are not responsive, AC will not come on, it happens about once or twice a month. bought it new and of course it won't do it when i get to the dealer, so they always say there is nothing wrong. 3 years later still having an issue.

- contreras76, Colton, US

Oct 062017

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L V8

I have no details. Problem not resolved yet. Issue started the week after the dealer had to replace a broken valve spring. Probably not related but who knows.

- Matt C., El Cajon, US

Apr 012017

Silverado 1500 LX 5.3L

GM and Gus Paulos Dealership in Salt Lake were terrible . They could car less that I had to go through the summer with no air conditioning because there were no parts. Do not buy GM they do not stand behind their Products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Thomas K., Salt Lake City, US

Aug 252017

Silverado 1500 LT V8

The A/C stopped blowing cold air because a hose/line leaked all of the freon out. This is the line that goes from the compressor to the condenser and it is a known issue with the Silverado.

The dealer wouldn't cover under warranty (38,750 miles) so I told the dealer to button it up and I would take it to the local Ford dealer to get it fixed.....and then trade it in on a F-150

GM finally agreed to "help out".

The $485 repair was lowered to $225 and they threw in the $5 line bracket that is supposed to contain the vibration and stop this problem. If you haven't had this problem yet pick one up and slap it on now .. available on Amazon ... New Genuine GM Bracket Part# - 23264893

- Dan S., Westfield Center, US

Aug 262017

Silverado 1500 JS 5.3L

noticed a knock sound coming from compressor, took it to dealer and they said they had 5 more 2014 trucks in the shop for same problem. then 2 days later i was going down the road and a smoke cloud blew out from under my truck. pulled over and ac belt was laying on the frame but no help because vehicle was out of bumper to bumper warranty. called gm and they are offering to pay for some of it but wont tell me how much. internet shows this is a common problem. i urge everyone with this problem to call gm and file a complaint. 43,000 dollars for a truck and the ac won't last 60,000 miles, this is bad. at least ford or dodge would stand behind their work.....

- Chris J., Agra, US

Jun 302017

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

condenser cracked where the top A/C hose connects

AC stopped working, had it tested and was told that I needed a new condenser. come to find out there wasn't a condenser anywhere in this country for the 2014 Silverado mine wasn't the only 2014 Silverado with this issue. so I called GM and put up quite a stink. they called my local Chevy dealer (Cantin's Chevrolet) Laconia NH. they then called me and informed me that this condenser was on National back order and that GM would cover the cost of the condenser but I would have to pay for the labor ($400) but there would be a long wait for the condenser. a few weeks went by and I was told they could get me an aftermarket condenser but there would only be a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. not the chevy warranty on replacement parts which I believe is for as long as I own the vehicle. I feel that GM knew they had a problem and should have created a recall on these condenser if for no other reason it should have been recalled for environmental reasons. All of that R134 gas leaking into the atmosphere. Very disappointed With GM Please contact me with any questions.

- Herbie A., Belmont, US

Jul 192017

Silverado 1500 LT 4WD 5.3L

GM Avoiding the inherent design flaw Issue. Do an Internet search and you will find pages and pages of issues with the 2014 Model. Most failing within the warranty period but a lot outside which is costing $100-$1200 out of pocket.

AC Discharge hose leaking, dealers replacing the hose and adding a $8 Bracket to try and correct the issue. Condensers failing and dealers on big backorder trying to get the part. Apparently GM Switched to a new supplier for the condensers.

- James F., Haymarket, US

Jul 012017

Silverado 1500 LT V8

I bought a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado crew cab 4x4 new from Chevrolet. I bought the max extended warranty up to 72000 miles. It currently has 41,000 miles on it.

I have two three day weekends planned in the next month. One Atlanta and one Miami trip which I am driving.

My air conditioner went out this last weekend.

I made an appointment to take the truck in to Jack Wilson chevrolet for today at 1pm.

I received a call from Ryan the service adviser who said the a/c condenser is bad. He said there is a design flaw and they are having issues with thousands of them. It will be covered under my warranty, however it is on national back order for at least 6 weeks.

He said it will probably end up being a recall.

I asked him about a loaner or rental until then. He replied he had none.

I called ALLY the ext warranty company through GM. They said that the rental car is covered while the repair is being done. It is drivable and not covered because the A/C is not working. Doesn't matter that the temperature is 97 plus degrees.

I called chevrolet. They are aware of the 2014 silverado condenser issue and know that they are on national back order. They will not provide me with a loaner or rental either.

I asked them if they will buy my truck back since they will not loan me a vehicle and they said no.

- Sam W., Saint Augustine, FL, US

Jun 092017

Silverado 1500 LX 5.3L

My research thru internet and talking with a couple of dealers shows that this is a fairly common problem with 2014 thru 2017 Chevy Silverados. I am disappointed in Chevrolet for not addressing the problem in some manner. You cannot find the part thru Chevrolet and I was lucky to find the part. IN addition my radiator also has a leak and I had to replace the radiator. Total cost 1150.00 dollars. Not happy and I have owned Chev pickups since 1972.

- Dennis M., Ponca City, US

Apr 292017

Silverado 1500 LT

Too many 2014 Silverado1500's with this problem. Chevy should admit design flaw.

- Bill K., Cary, IL, US

Apr 262017

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

A replacement for the leaking condenser cannot be found. The replacement AC Delco part is 4 to 6 weeks out, maybe. They are only selling the part to dealers as they come available. There must be a bunch of them failing. GM has said too bad, your problem. $900 fix if the part can be found.

- Patrick D., West Hills, CA, US