7.0

$3,850

Most common solutions:

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

May 022018

Silverado 1500

85,000 miles. Had to have the transmission replaced. $3,850 repair. I owe it to the bad programming of the transmission out of the factory. All those hard shifts had to be a major cause.

- Matt S., Columbia, US

Mar 262018

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

I love my truck but it's been a nerve wracking and frustrating with the transmission issues. It randomly clunks in and out of gears pretty hard and it feels as if my truck had been hit hard from behind. Getting into a major intersection becomes somewhat challenging with the sluggish response plus the hard shifts in between gears that literally feels as if a drag type shift kit has been installed on my truck's transmission to take on the quarter mile drag-strip. My truck's been in and out of the Dealership several times trying to rectify the problem but it seems like GM has yet to find or come up with an actual fix or solution. Presently I been told by the GM customer service department that they will be contacting once they find a permanent fix. Makes me wonder if I will get that call closer to the expiration date of my truck's drivetrain warranty.

- Cristino C., Vancouver, WA, US

Aug 282017

Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 5.3L V8

My 2017 silverado 8 speed transmission bangs in and out of 2nd gear at slow speeds. Annoying as hell and the dealer said it is normal and there is nothing they can do. I mean it bangs at times. I can't believe that damage is not being done and nobody would buy this thing from me when they feel and hear that.

CHEVY FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE THIS ISSUE!

- Mark H., Cocoa Beach, FL, US

Aug 012018

Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L

In the first couple thousand miles I noticed my 2017 Silverado LTZ with 8 speed transmission had a harsh 1-2, 2-1 shift. I thought maybe it would go away after the transmission was broken in, so I waited to take it in until my first oil change was due to complain about it. The dealership performed a TSB for relearning shift points. So I picked up my truck and as I drove away it shifted hard, I got the service advisor and showed him the hard shift. His comment was oh that shifts harder then most of the trucks. He was trying to tell me all of the 8-speeds transmissions shift hard. But I wasn't about to let it go, so he said they would take another look at it. The technician put in a TAC case to get help from the factory and it was determined that it needed a valve body. The valve body was replaced and the transmission shifted better than before, but the problem isn't completely gone. It still shifts hard just not as often as it used to.

- David J., Cedar Park, TX, US