Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

Jun 042019

Silverado 2500

While making a slow speed right turn, 5 mph, after stopping at a busy city street intersection, the power steering turned off and I nearly struck another car coming from the opposite direction because I was unable to turn my vehicle out of the way even when I used all my strength to turn. I have experienced this problem intermittently, always while attempting a right turn at slow speeds. It has happened mostly on city streets and while attempting to make a tight, right turn into parking stalls. The problem was reported to my local Chevrolet dealer but, they were unable to replicate the problem and stated they could not fix it for that reason in June 2019. I returned the truck to the dealership today, 7/1/2019, for another attempt to repair. Waiting for a resolution. This truck has 100,000 miles on it. ## VIN passed ## Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd 2015 ##

- Hesperia, CA, USA

Jan 012016

Silverado 2500

Steering column is loose and bobbles and commonly discussed in many online forums. It is a common pproblem yet not recognized by General Motors. I have called dealer and GM with no recognition of problem.it is constant during use especially while driving slow on gravel road.

- Lagrange, TX, USA

Apr 242017

Silverado 2500

My truck has a steering issue while under normal driving lots of play on steering with a serious shaking from steering wheel and steering column moves when U push it up or down or side to side also when driving under normal conditions truck is shaking alot and bottom out with a humming sound from front end closer to left and right tire now when braking under normal driving to a complete stop I feel like I been hit from the rear of my truck.my truck has 51000 miles and I been trying to have my truck fix several times with Chevy corporate and no outcome with the dealers thery provided quoted therefore we do not repair desiel trucks and I have no desiel tech...please help me fix my truck..

- Queens, NY, USA

Sep 162018

Silverado 2500

My vehicle loses power steering at low speeds and I have almost had four accidents. My incidents have happened in two parking lots and two times as I pull out at busy intersections. Research on the web indicates my vehicle is experiencing the same issue as with the 2014 truck recall for power ateering failures.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Jun 152018

Silverado 2500 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. While driving approximately 5 mph, the power steering failed on several occasions. The power steering pump was replaced by an independent mechanic. Classic Chevrolet sugar land (13115 southwest fwy, sugar land, Texas 77478, (281) 969-4132) was made aware of the failure and provided the contact with case number: 8-462-431-1928. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 14V719000 (steering) as a probable cause for the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 66,000.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 162017

Silverado 2500

Lose power steering when making right hand turns as very low speeds. Issue has been periodic and on going.

- Applegate, CA, USA

Jul 152017

Silverado 2500

While driving & trying to turn steering to the right, the steering just locks as if no power steering. This does not happen all the time but when it does it is very dangerous. The vehicle has 40.000 miles on it & I didnt expect to have a safety issue like this. I had taken it to a dealer & they tell me it will be very expensive to fix.

- Roaring Spring, PA, USA

Mar 082017

Silverado 2500

Losing power steering at low speed turns. Has almost caused several accidents.

- Conway, SC, USA

Jul 122017

Silverado 2500

Loose power steering assist briefly on low speed turns this has happened 3 or 4 times over 60K miles did not think much of it until I saw recall of 2014 models

- Fairfield, CT, USA

Nov 232015

Silverado 2500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a loss of power steering and a loss of power while driving at low speeds. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering position sensors and the gear box were defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failures recurred. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was approximately 15,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Camden, TN, USA

Jul 072015

Silverado 2500

The trucks have a vibration that is felt in the steering wheel, floor, seats, accelerator and brake pedals etc. While driving. The major consensus it that the worst speed it 76 mph, yet it is felt to a lesser degree at any speeds, with some being worse than others. There are a large number of trucks with this issue, yet General Motors refuses to do anything about it. It began within a couple weeks of purchasing my truck. I found people first reporting the issue in 2015, and more recently it continues with the 2015 and 2016 model years.

- Hanover, MA, USA

Feb 152016

Silverado 2500

I was involved in an accident on 1/15/16 in which I was sideswiped by another vehicle. Upon impact, I had no brakes and no steering control. This caused me to rear end another vehicle and hit a tree head on. The airbags never deployed. I was unable to stop the vehicle or control it. I could have been killed or killed someone else. I am very concerned. I have had the truck in the shop on several occasions with electrical issues, yet the dealership could not find anything or it was minor corrections. I have been very concerned with the electronics of this vehicle since I bought the truck in August 2015. The insurance company totaled the truck.

- Henderson, TX, USA

Nov 022015

Silverado 2500

Ignition switch and key came out of steering column while driving. When I pulled off road and parked, the ignition switch internals and key came off in my hand. Not able to shut engine off. Called onstar, they could not shut off engine. Truck was flatbedded to dealer while still running. Risk of steering wheel locking causing loss of control. Steering wheel makes clattering noise not connected to wheels at times. Instruments dimming and flashing when turning wheel at times

- Hudson, NH, USA

Aug 072015

Silverado 2500

After parking and removing key steering wheel disconnects from front wheels, makes a rattling noise as if some metallic part is loose and then then jams, making it difficult to rotate ignition key to start truck again. Other times power steering assist is lost and truck is difficult to steer.

- Hudson, NH, USA

Aug 062015

Silverado 2500

Use this truck for commercial purposes to haul trailers. Truck has turned off while driving 4 times. Three while driving with trailer when it hits rough road or under construction road and takes hard jolt to front end. First you are driving, then you hit bump or dip in road and you notice you have no steering, when you look down you notice whole display is shut down ( like it was never on) with no warning lights displayed. You have to put truck into neutral while driving and restart. Last time it happened had 30 foot trailer on truck and were in a downhill position with a turn and no steering capability ( no antilock or trailer brakes because they need electricity to operate)and 300 ft from going off embankment and then dropping 100ft into a gully. The trucks whole electrical system turns off shutting down everything in the truck. Own 7 trucks and have owned 20 plus trucks over the years. I have had design flaw issues and just fluke issues that just happen to that one truck. This really seems more like a design flaw, either in ignition with their new keys ( have a 2012, this ignition is defiantly different) or the electrical system, or maybe they added some sensor that shuts truck off if in a front end impact. If I am right this will kill someone, the truck gives you no warning before turning off and most people are unaware they can shift a car into neutral and restart while driving and since it has happened while pulling trailers this is very dangerous not just for the driver and passages of the vehicle but every other car or truck on the roadway with it. Example of this, the last time when we could not steer and could not go with the turn of the road, there was a car in the second lane and the trailer went into that lane, the car had to make evasive manuviers to avoid impact with trailer.

- Firebaugh, CA, USA

Aug 152015

Silverado 2500

While driving at high way speed ( 70 mph posted limit ) and making a right hand long sweeping turn the trucks steering would stick or lock in the turn position. This condition would require a me to force the steering wheel back to center. At this time the condition only presents its self during highway speeds and long gradual right hand turns. This happend 6 or 8 times on my 800 miles trip. The dealer can not replicate this issue and as a result will not agree to repalce any steering components at this time. A quick internet search indicates many others have this same steering issue with their 2015 Silverado with eps steering and their dealers are alos unable to repair the problem. If this was an issue at parking lot speed I may not even care but at 70mph then it happens it gets your attention very fast. I called Chevrolet customer service and they claim no report of such an issue. As a result I wanted to at least report the issue so it is a matter of record.

- Rome , NY, USA

Jun 082015

Silverado 2500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that while driving at 60 mph, the interior of the vehicle vibrated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer multiple times. The technician was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 200.

- Saint Pauls, NC, USA

Jul 282015

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

New truck, 15372 miles, no off roading or rough surface driving. Pulls to the right. Concerned about suspension/steering failure. The vehicle pulls to the right. Two Chevy dealers have looked at the issue with negative results. There is no reason other than manufacturing error that would cause the problem. Both Chevy dealers have reported that the tires are in good condition and one did an alignment. The alignment, I paid for, did not resolve the issue. I am concerned because I use the vehicle to pull a travel trailer as it is designed for. Chevy, in my opinion, is not responsive to my concerns. I am concerned about loosing the ability to control/steer the vehicle if the unidentified issue is not discovered or resolved by Chevy. I propose that defective parts, or tires have been used on the vehicle when built and they are failing. Sincerely the consumer stated the vehicle pulled the right. Updated 10/15/15

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Oct 032014

Silverado 2500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving 25 mph, the steering wheel shook violently and the brake pedal vibrated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,000.

- Longmeadow, MA, USA

Oct 292014

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

When shifting the vehicle out of park, if the tilt steering wheel is in the full up position, and the shift lever is pulled fully rearward so as to shift out of park, then the shift lever will hit and be stopped from moving by the ignition key. If you force the situation by pulling back and down with more than normal force, the key and key switch takes quite an abnormal load from the shift lever. I reported this to the local dealer and was told that this is normal, because someone else had reported the same problem. This is not normal. There is an easy solution to this problem. The handle part of the ignition key needs to be shorter. If this situation is not fixed, I fear that the ignition key switch assembly will eventually take damage.

- Montrose, IA, USA