3.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Spark:

Aug 082019

Spark

2016 Chevy Spark ev - 35,233 miles. Driving straight on downhill city street. Stabilitrak failure message appeared, then brakes stopped responding. Steered car into curb to force it to stop. Brake alarm symbol displayed on screen. Car towed to dealership. Dealership said brake electronic control module was faulty & needed replacement and reprogramming. This is 2nd brake related issue. Prior issue was less than 1 month after leasing in Oct 2016. Brakes also failed completely.

- Claremont, CA, USA

May 152019

Spark

There were two incidents involving the same problem. While driving the vehicle on the highway and then on a main road the brakes locked and I had to use the emergency brake to bring the vehicle to complete stop. My mechanic replaced the engine brake vacuum pump after both incidents. The pump was broken in pieces on both occasions leading to metal parts falling into the engine during repair and needing to be retrieved to prevent engine damage.

- Chepachet, RI, USA

Apr 252019

Spark

As I was driving my brakes got hard preventing me from stopping, I was driving on my way to pick my sister up and as I went to stop to turn into her driveway my brakes are super hard and I was unable to come to a complete stop for about a quarter of a mile when I took my car in to get it inspected they said my brake booster was out and when they took it off the brake booster vacuum also had to be replaced they said this rarely ever happens but there is also been multiple complaints of it and that there is no warning signs

- Cary, NC, USA

Jan 252017

Spark

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Spark. While being operated at a low speed, the brakes made an abnormal noise without warning. The vehicle was taken to classic Chevrolet (located at 1101 w state highway 114, grapevine, tx) where it was diagnosed that the brakes needed to be adjusted and the brake wheel cylinder was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was approximately 9,659.

- Galvenston, TX, USA

Jul 172016

Spark

On the way back to my san francisco home from the novato Chevrolet dealer where I had just purchased a new black 2016 Chevrolet Spark ev my brakes stopped functioning. Just coming off the golden gate bridge, on a significant downhill grade, my brakes stopped functioning properly. At first the brakes started to be harder to push and then with my foot to the floor, provided almost no stopping power. The stopping distance was dangerously long. Very dangerous! just over 2 miles.there was no way for me to stop the car immediately. Only minimally. With my foot to the floor, I was able to slow the car enough that 2 miles later, I was finally able to pull over and come to a stop. On the display panel, there were warning lights continuously on: - "service break assist" - "brake" warning light - "ABS" warning light - "tcs" warning light I was lucky to pull over with no (fatal) accident, and then waited almost 3 hours from dusk to night in the dark to have GM tow it back to the dealer, then get a cab, paying out of pocket to go home. The odometer read 37 miles.

- San Francisco, CA, USA