8.8

$1,309.00

Most common solutions:

1. replace condenser (7 reports)
  3. replace A/C compressor (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Jul 122017

Suburban LTZ 5.3L

a/c stopped working, called gm got nowhere, nationwide backorder, lots of trucks with same problem. bought part on ebay, 4 times I ordered I got turned down because they said no one has part. took 2 months, paid 269.00 cost, 1300.00 to install, 1500 and change later its ok. I saved old part and receipt. I think chevy should pay.

- , Patchogue, US

May 312017

Suburban LT V8

dealer told me parts on national backorder. I have waited almost 2 months for the part to arrive without A/C!!!!

- , New York, US

Apr 012017

Suburban LT 5.3L

We purchased a 2015 Suburban from Edwards Chevrolet Birmingham, Al. May 2015. It had 31,000 on it. We did not purchase extended warranty. long story short our truck has been without air since April of 2017 We thought it was a leak in hose had it tested and its the condenser. The part has not been available and we have been truly affected by this. I have a large family and the truck has been sitting because it is to hot to drive in this Alabama weather. Gm has closed my case on two occasions. The repair is over $1000 Gm is refusing to do anything because they have not deemed the part defective and have not done a recall. The aftermarket part is more expensive labor is high. I was told in order to do a recall it has to be a safety hazard well in this summer heat with no ability to cool down i have leather seats and my truck is black. also with freon leaking im pretty sure we have breathed all that in.This is totally a headache and i really feel like GM/Chevrolet should be responsible. WE need more people to complain.

- , Mc Calla, AL, US

Apr 012017

Suburban LT V8

A few months back AC stopped working. I had visited the dealer a few months back and they diagnosed an AC condenser leak but there wasn't any part available. They didn't have any answers when they kept my vehicle almost a month and still there wasn't any answer for part delivery. So I have no choice but to bring my vehicle back. A few of my friends are having the same issue. One has a 2016 Chevy Suburan. So disappointed about this.

- , Ellicott City, MD, US

Jul 072017

Suburban LT

AC went out. Have been told by the dealer it will be a month to get the parts (Condenser) since there is a national back log on them. GM hasn't said on thing about this issue. I'm hoping they can find an after market part sooner. I'm in California and it's the middle of July!

- , Santa Rosa, US

Jul 042017

Suburban LT V8

Two weeks after having the compressor clutch replaced at the cost of $1100, my air conditioner stopped working again. I once again left it at the dealer. They just called to tell me that this time it's the condenser that is shot. Another $1200 on a two year old truck. I've emailed into GM, but have gotten no response. I see all the issues people are talking about with the AC on GM vehicles all over the internet. I'm totally disappointed that I'm having to pay out a total of $2300 in a two week time period on something I paid $60k for.

- , Mooresville, US

Jul 132016

Suburban LTZ V8

While on a cross country road trip the AC stopped working in 109 degree Tucson. I noticed that the accelerator stopped responding while in stop and go traffic. After a long engine lag it suddenly worked again and we were off. Within minutes the AC stopped working and hot air started blowing out of the vents. I took it to the nearest dealership the next morning and was told that the condenser and belt had both broken. 5 hours and $825 later I was back on the road with AC. It seems crazy that such an expensive car with relatively low miles would require such a huge repair and the dealership agreed. Ggggrrrrr

- , portland, OR, USA

May 032017

Suburban LTZ 5.3L

Ac is not working , it is ac condensor , but they don't have the part to change it . How reliable cars does Chevy makes . That was the biggest mistake . I had ever buy Chevy. either I am going to drive the car without ac or park the car and rent one.

As for business purpose I use it , I can't rent one . I talked to from corporate office with senior advisor Kevin , he told me 4 to 8 weeks for the part . I told him it is American car . He told me there is 30 people head of me , so it is common problem and it should be fixed as recall which is Kevin wasn't agree. He was saying original part is manufactured defected, I believe it is manufactured defected , they should be recall. Or change it free of charge . Bad part is there is no after market ac delco or other . So I don't know what to do.

I wish I can trade the car for fair value but they don't honored by dealer . It looks like they want to get the car for junk value.

This not the first problem.

- , Bellmore, NY, US

Jun 132017

Suburban LT 5.3L

I can't believe a compressor freezes up after two years. I have never had a vehicle do this even after 10 years.

- , Clinton, MD, US

Apr 142017

Suburban LTZ 5.3L V8

My a/c quit blowing cold air all of the sudden on April 14th. I took my suburban into the dealership on April 17th and was told my condenser was cracked and needed to be replaced. I don't really understand how my condenser was cracked when I haven't been in any wrecks. Seeing as I need and air conditioner with it being hot in Oklahoma, i pay for the parts and labor but am told the part is on backorder and they will call me when it becomes available. I do not get a phone call until late on Friday May 12th! I was told my part is finally in and I can bring it in on Monday to be fixed. I expect more out of a vehicle that I paid that much for! I have bought way cheaper cars and have NEVER had an a/c go out. Especially at 64K miles! When I get the call that my car is finished, I get hit with my front shocks have failed a test and need replaced! That will be a whole different complaint. Kinda feel like I bought a very expensive money pit...

- , Edmond, US

Mar 312017

Suburban LT 5.6L

Waiting on the truck to deliver the parts...if it's a National problem well why don't GM do a National recall on 2015 Suburban LT. The dealership will not even give me a loaner car. Contacted GM, I was told, "sorry". Have had 3 batteries installed less than two years... I bought the last battery because the dealership took over four months to give me a new one. Applicators has been replaced. Roof rails has been replaced. New window for tailgate been replaced. Interior has flaws. I made this purchase April 7, 2015 and all this has taken place before two years. I live in West Palm Beach and without an air conditioning unit in the car. Plus I am a disabled veteran that have medical problems. Mostly COPD and artificial hips. Need help to bring litigation against GM.

- , West Palm Beach, US

Sep 242016

Suburban LTZ

On trip from Houston to Austin Texas. AC stopped working mid trip and throughout the weekend stay in Austin. Very disappointed this being my first American car. I have Japanese cars in my garage manufactured as far back as 2006, 2008 and 2012. NO AC ISSUE. Wanted to buy American. Now see me. $79K car and the AC quits after 2 years? This is unheard of. The 2015 Chevy suburban car was bought 7/4/2014. I read about the plastic body parts flapping in the wind on the highway. I got through that. Fixed by dealers, but Steering wheel noises never fixed Seriously? One owner put it accurately. I have been to the dealership for one problem or another these past 2 years. But AC? I don't think I can ignore this one. It's time to go back to what works. German or Japanese. Don't get me wrong. I love this car. Until now. AC does not quit just like that. Something is terribly wrong here. My faith in the car will be restored or not, after my appointment with the dealer. Otherwise I think I should cut my losses. Sell the stock.

- , The Woodlands, TX, USA