5.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Aug 102018

Tahoe

Intermitten occurance during acceleration, between 1st and 2nd gear a "lag" "low power" occurs causing a lunge. 27,000 miles

- Ladoga, IN, USA

Jul 282018

Tahoe

Vehicle has a rough idle and trying to die while in gear drive or reverse it is more noticeable and worse when vehicle is stopped in gear

- Grosse Tete, LA, USA

May 302018

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that the failure previously occurred. The vehicle was towed to courtesy Chevrolet (1233 E camelback rd, phoenix, AZ 85014, (602) 457-3232) where it was diagnosed that high temperature weather caused the engine to stall. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 21,000.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Aug 272017

Tahoe

While driving in the summer, my wife informed me that the vehicle had stalled and almost died--shortly after, the ac was not working. I left work and came to her--found that the compressor belt had shredded off. Took the vehicle to dealer and they replaced compressor. A month later, my wife was driving home on the interstate and the vehicle started stalling and jerking. The check engine light started blinking and traction control light also illuminated. I trailered the vehicle to our home a few miles away. I did notice the long bolt holding the new compressor was loose (1/4" space between bolt head and washer). The bolt was tightened, but did not appear to be a contributing factor. When idling, the engine jerks so hard that the entire car shakes-the engine nearly dies.. for some time, the vehicle has produced an unusual purring/clicking noise while navigating thru a parking lot or something at slow speeds--sounds like in the transmission or torque converter? the vehicle is being towed to the dealership now for their diagnosis.

- Catlettsburg, KY, USA

Feb 012017

Tahoe

I purchased a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe last year from walker Chevrolet. The vehicle has 16,000 miles. Issues I have with the vehicle. Current dealership is jim ellis Chevrolet. 1. transmission jerks when shifting. 2. transmission will shift into first gear when hill assist is activated. 3. navigation goes blank. 4. volume button quits working and volume turns all the way up. 5. Tahoe squeaks from V8 to V4. 6. loud metal popping noise when taking sharp left turns. 7. navigation assistant will not mute. 8. navigation will not shut off when the car is off and doors are locked. 9. suspension makes awful noises when going over speed bumps and flexing. 10. Tahoe has a very rough idle in first gear. My primary concern is the safety of the vehicle. My wife almost wrecked the Tahoe after the volume would not turn down from being stuck at the highest volume level. A tractor trailer almost rear-ended us after the hill assist activated and the gear went into to first. I went to jim ellis and told them specifically about these problems and I was told there was nothing wrong with the transmission because they can't reproduce the issue. I do not want my family's life in danger just because the issue cannot be reproduced with the transmission. I was also told the suspension and steering was fixed, but I immediately noticed the issue pulling out of the dealership.this is another safety concern. I was told the navigation was fixed, but the navigation and volume problems are happening more often the longer I drive the vehicle. Yet another safety concern. I called GM customer support and contacted the dealership.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Apr 282017

Tahoe

The vehicle has rough idle or shake when stopped at a stop sign or red light in drive. However sometimes you can feel it when parked.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

My 2016 Tahoe ltz has a rough, shaky idle while in park. The pip5211E was performed at dealer about one month ago and condition persists. It is absolutely noticeable to all my passengers who sit in the vehicle while its idling in park! please help or advise on how to correct this problem. This is not the way a brand new $74K vehicle should run. It feels like the vehicle is going to stall at times. Dealer service department is no help at fixing or addressing the problem. The condition is constant while in park idling and sllighy present when in drive with brake applied.

- Union City, NJ, USA