Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Jan 192019

Tahoe

I was driving a 2016 Chevy Tahoe on a residential street. My car lost all control of steering and brakes. While driving the car veered to the right and hit a car, continued on hitting 2 more parked cars, drove thru someone's large hedges, and was seconds away from driving into someone's house but was stopped when I hit the 2 parked cars in the driveway. My airbag also did not deploy. Two cars involved were totaled. Again, I had no control over the steering or the brakes. Thank god IżM alive and I didnżT kill anyone.

- Canyon Country, CA, USA

Apr 122018

Tahoe

Thursday, April 12, 2018. Heading to work one morning on the interstate, the girl in front of me put on breaks (we were in the fast lane), so I put on my breaks. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the driver behind me not paying attention and going 50-55 mph. I had enough time to brace myself before he hit me from behind which made me hit the person in front of me (I have video and pictures). Fortunately, my Tahoe held up pretty good and didnżT crumble with the type of impact it had. My concern is my airbags did deploy but actually didnżT. the smoke came out from the airbags through the dash and my airbag sensor light came on my alerts on the dash. If I wouldnżT have prepared and braced myself then my face would have gone in the steering wheel. I didnżT see a recall but is there a reason they didnżT come out? also, I was able to drive away from the scene to take the Tahoe to body shop but the seat belt was locked in it's place and could not rebuckle (I was buckled during the crash)

- Madison, MS, USA

Sep 152016

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe. While driving approximately 55 mph, the contact struck a bear with the vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was towed. The contact was not sure if a police report was filed. The contact received neck injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and the body shop. The vehicle received repairs to the front frame; however, the additional repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was included in an air bag recall. The NHTSA campaign number was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 10,004.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA