9.7

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Aug 012018

Tahoe

*takata recall* I have been noticing a lot of different issues with my 2017 Tahoe premier. The engine block is a deep rust color. Engine is extremely hot even hours later after parking. There is a thick black sludge that is on nearly every part under the truck. I started hearing a ticking noise that sped up as my driving speed increases. This issue occurs often but not daily. As well as when turning into my driveway it makes a high pitched popping noise ( the sound is similar to a small rock being flung onto the aluminum wheel) I also hear grinding noises when making a sharp turn. Metal against metal is as best as I can describe it. I decided to look under the hood and checked the oil level and it appears fine. I donżT know how to check other levels aside from the windshield fluid so I will be forced to have it towed to the dealership. While I was under my truck I noticed how there was a lot of rusted parts. The (if I am correct) exhaust housing looked nearly burned and the product sticker that is on there is 100% bites. As if someone put a lighter to it. Not sure what all the gunk is that is caked on everything below the truck but it canżT be a good thing for sure. Also, I found a bolt wedged between an area. Why is there a bolt and where did it come from" does this mean I have missing parts on my engine or anywhere else? my truck runs so hot but no lights have come on. This evening after seeing what I did made me fear the thought of driving my truck that I pay a hefty payment on. It has 12,000 miles on it. Iżve had it one year and aways get my services done on time with oil changes and so forth. I shouldnżT be having this issue or better yet issues. Who's going to fix this problem. And ho long before someone recalls my truck for this issue !"

- Greenbrier, AR, USA

Jan 012018

Tahoe

2017 Chevy Tahoe engine vibration when the vehicle is in idle or below 500 rpms. The vechicle feels like is going to shutoff and it strugles to turn on from a cold start. This happens when the vechile is stationary.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 152017

Tahoe

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017, I signed a lease for a brand-new 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe ls at ed bozarth Chevrolet in las vegas nv. Three days later as I was driving the vehicle on the main streets my vehicle kept hesitating and jumping as I would have to stop in traffic then move again when I pressed on the gas. Then as I was waiting to make a left turn in traffic, my vehicle stalled then allowed me to go. Then suddenly my engine light came on. I then received an email from the onstar notification stating the diagnostic detected an issue with my engine and my transmission system. I brought my vehicle in Monday 07/17/17 morning at 11 am. The service man informed me that this was a known issue with some of the brand-new vehicles by the dealership and General Motors because of the excessive heat in las vegas, but there was no recall in place for General Motors and a letter was issued dated June 30, 2017 that he had to provide to me because there was no solution to fix the problem at this time. He let me that General Motors has not issued a recall because they don't know what to fix on the vehicle due to the extreme heat. I asked why was this not disclose to me before leasing me the vehicle if this was a known issue to allow me the choice to decide if this was something I could tolerate. The sales rep nor the service department were able to answer that question. I asked to speak to the general manager of ed bozarth Chevrolet and was informed that I would need to wait until Monday, July 24once he returns from vacation. I let the sales rep know that I was unhappy, I was deceived and I feel unsafe driving this vehicle. I have the dated copy of the letter #pip5507 stalling - hesitation, I have the first diagnostic email stating the vehicle was in perfect condition, and I have the diagnostic email from on star stating that the vehicle is having engine and transmission defects

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA