Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

Aug 172017

200

TL- the contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at different speeds, the vehicle hopped about and shut down. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled a couple of times. There was no known warning. The vehicle was taken to the ancira Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram dealer 210-819-5383, located at 10807 w I H 10, san antonio, tx 78230) where the technician was unable to duplicate the failure and therefore did not do anything. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and sided with the dealer. The contact was not called back by the manufacturer. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 11,000.fe

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 262019

200

My car is struggling with starting. Multiple times it has left me stranded. First trip to dealership, they stated it needed a computer update. The problem got worse after the computer update and begin happening more and more often. Gives me a "service transmission" message. It's only at 67,000 miles and I havent owned it a year. Very frustrated. It is going back to the dealership tomorrow!

- Harrisonville, MO, USA

Aug 312019

200

2016 Chrysler 200 S with 94,000 miles shifts hard between gears, often feeling/sounding like it is slamming into gear. It surges when stopped at lights or stop signs and bucks and jerks during rapid acceleration.

- Jackson, MI, USA

Jun 222019

200

The transmission will change gear unexpectedly. Cause my car to jerk shake and unusual long delay to accelerate at times even rev high while prolonged delay before accelerating. This has caused multiple situations that made the safety of driving this vehicle unpredictable and a hazard for me and other motorist.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 292019

200

My 2016 Chrysler 200 stalls randomly in traffic on the highway. I was on my way home from ocean city, md when I hit traffic at the bay bridge. I was trying to switch lanes when I noticed my power steering was not working followed by a message on the screen stating to put the vehicle in park and restart the engine. Vehicle restarted but was not shifting correctly. Happened a second time in a similar situation. This is a major safety hazard. I don┐T even know where to begin looking for the problem because there is no check engine light indicating what is happening.

- Fallentimber, PA, USA

Jul 062019

200

Stop and go traffic for about 20 mins, once I entered the intersection the vehicle completely stopped without warning. I could not locate the emergency release to place the vehicle in neutral. Car sat in the intersection got 1.5 hours.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Apr 042019

200

My car suddenly turned off as I was making a turn. I have fixed the car 2 times from the same thing and this will be the 3rd. I want to see if there's something associated with a recall about the computer module. It stalls to turn on, and when it does it won┐T go as far as a mile

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 142019

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. While driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled, but was able to restart after three attempts. There were no warning indicators illuminated; however, "place vehicle in park" was displayed. The vehicle was towed to richardson Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram (1321 N central expy, richardson, tx 75080, (214) 329-0862) where it was diagnosed that the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. Additionally, while driving at unknown speeds, there was an abnormal popping noise and the vehicle stalled. All of the warning indicators on the instrument panel illuminated. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 35,550.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 152019

200

This evening when driving my car the vehicle stalled out and cut off a number of three times within a 10 minute span. Once while making a right turn out of the parking lot of my job, second when coming to a full stop at the parking lot entrance and last as I was begining the merge onto the highway from an on ramp. The day prior the car shut off completely a total of 5 times at various points throughout the day. My vehicle is regularly maintained by the service department where I purchased my vehicle brand new. There were no warning light or indicators that there was an issue. The only notification was to "shift car to park to start engine". this issue nearly caused a major accident when attempting to merge onto the highway this evening. This is highly concerning as this issue could potentially cost my family or myself our lives should the vehicle shut off at the wrong moment. I've searched numerous sites about this problem and it appears there are a lot of people experiencing this issue with the same year and model as well as ones produced prior to 2016. This concern is life threatening and should be treated as such with some form of remedy from the manufacturer.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

May 062019

200

My Chrysler 200 started shifting really hard and as you're driving down the road you can feel it jerking. I called the Chrysler dealership that is local to me took it in they only drove at 3 miles and decided there was nothing wrong with it except for a software update. I paid $132 for a labor charge for a software update that never fix the problem. Took it back 2 days later they can't diagnose it with spark plug issues. Paid $160 for spark plugs and labor just to have the same problem. They still after a week later have no idea what is wrong with my car. Just wondering what kind of technicians actually work for Chrysler.

- Perryville, MO, USA

May 052019

200

This is bullshit. How can a vehicle 2 years old have so many transmission issues to even count on one hand" I've been able to research hundreds of other examples of this very identical vehicle display the exact same issues my car exemplifies. Are you guys just waiting for a tragic death to occur" if so, how about you guys refund us and drive the vehicles around for a while until that death occur. The lowlifes at Chrysler need to be sued and charged for neglect.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 112019

200

On city streets when 9 speed transmission shifts from 4th gear to 5th gear the transmission shift jerks the car in a violent manner. This did not occur when vehicle was new.

- Grosse Pointe, MI, USA

Feb 012019

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the starter failed twice and the vehicle was unable to be started. On a different occasion, the vehicle would not shift into park. The vehicle was towed to bob moore Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of tulsa (4627 S memorial dr, tulsa, ok 74145, (918) 663-6343). The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Sand Springs, OK, USA

Dec 252018

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. While the contact's girlfriend was driving at an unknown speed, the engine and gear shifter seized. The vehicle was taken to sandy sansing Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (64348 us-90, milton, fl 32570, 850-623-6866) where it was diagnosed that the battery failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 51,000.

- Milton, FL, USA

Oct 222018

200

Vehicle stalls without notice in the middle of the road. Can┐T display hazard lights. Must return the car to park and wait a few minutes before restarting. Stalled in the middle of a turn on my wife when taking my toddler O preschool. This is a huge safety concern! this vehicle is going to get someone killed.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 202018

200

The car began shifting hard and had been taken to the dealership twice for that issue. They completed a software update which did not correct the issue. Today, 09-20-2018, the car was shaking violently when taking off and stopped moving. It was the shifted to park and would not go back to drive. It was then shut off and restarted and then shifted in to drive. It now shakes violently every time when taking off. It is scheduled for service again for the third time. There is about 42,000 miles on the car. The other issues occurred within the last month.

- Carterville, IL, USA

Jul 302018

200

As I was in motion going about 20 mph with the car in drive (D), the car displayed a message as seen in the photo that states shift to park (P) to start. As, that message is displayed the steering wheel and the brakes lock up while the car is slowing down so you cannot shift the car to park until the car has come to a complete stop. Once the car comes to a complete stop, I shifted my car back to park and tried to restart the car. The car wouldn't restart right away. The engine and transmission would make a noise as if it were trying to start with the RPM's fluctuating to about 3 (3000 rpms) then go back to 0 then jump to 1 (1000 rpms) then back to 0 rpms where the engine would give out. I would have to wait a minute, while in the middle of traffic, then it would restart and run normally again. I called Chrysler corporate, due to the fact of having the whole transmission replaced while under warranty due to a transmission problem that grew after purchasing the car. Leslie from Chrysler gave me case id #: 34798487. I scheduled an appointment with darcars Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of silver spring located on 12511 prosperity dr, silver spring, md 20904 to bring the car to get serviced and the issue looked at on August 7th 2018 at 10:45 am. I am currently waiting for a diagnosis of the issue to be addressed by the dealership. Please see pictures attached for more information.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jun 202018

200

Transmission is rough and unpredictable. Each shift and downshift is felt in the throttle(feels like engine braking). Transmission often causes the vehicle to accelerate or decelerate unintentionally. Shifting gears seems to take longer than it should. Transmission won┐T downshift sometimes when appropriate throttle is given. Braking is jerky due to the transmission rough down shifting. City driving in this car is uncomfortable and dangerous due to all the issues listed above.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 042017

200

The transmission is switching gears hard like it is skipping a gear. Seems like it is doing it between 1 & 3 or decelerating 3 to 1. it is worse during winter months. The jerk can be so hard sometimes.

- Silsbee, TX, USA

May 272018

200

I was coming to a stop at a stop sign, I was at about 15mph when the dash lights came on. The parking brake activated and the transmission dropped out of gear as I came to a skidding halt. Service transmission and service parking brake messages came up on the dash. Then wouldn't shift into any other gears even with the transmission override pulled. Luckily I was on a quieter road in my town.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA