Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
click to see larger images
I was driving that afternoon with my 2 nephews in the car ( ages 7 and 9) and noticed a strong odor of plastic and electrical burning. I pulled into a parking lot and noticed grey smoke starting to come out from the drivers side front of the hood. got everyone out of the car and it went up in flames. when i googled "2012 dodge caliber fire" there is a picture of one of these with the fire starting. It looked Exactly as mine did when i exited the car, the smoke coming from the same place,as well as the same color, and the wiring harness falling out of the bottom of the engine compartment in flames. Car is a total loss, i did notice 2 days before hand that there was a faint electrical smell,but it went away. I had nothing plugged in, or charging at the time of the fire. Was just driving. Avoid this car at all costs!!
- Amanda B.,
We smelled a little burning smell the day before the fire happened and thought, "well, we need to take the car to the shop on Monday." Should have stopped driving it immediately, but decided to take it into town (less than 5 miles). Pulled over to visit a friend and saw smoke, which quickly turned into a full-blown fire. (No injuries and no other property damage other than my car, thank goodness!) Firefighters and tow truck company said they see this a lot and it was likely an electrical problem near the front end fuel lines. Very scary.
Richmond, CA, USA