2.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Dakota:

Feb 072016

Dakota

"takata recall" the power steering continues to leak even after several repairs have been made.

- National City, CA, USA

Mar 272016

Dakota

Complaint #10734989 7-19-2015.no response from you. Calling and sending E mails since October 2013 not just your department! no one will help. You, Dodge or the person when I was sitting on the side of 71S. & promised someone would call me back - oh it was Friday afternoon and everyone was leaving work! no one will help me resolve this.do I and have to get killed before anyone will start to listen! purchased this vehicle in July 2010.when driving at a speed of 65, long distance the engine light comes on, slows me down to 45. The engine makes the loudest whinning (like something is stuck under the hood) like it wants to blow up!!!pull over - wait til the light goes off. Temperature gauges do not show overheating. I've started replacing parts.still light comes on and slows me down to 45 I actually am very upset about no one helping me. I was told to take to dealer when it does it..I did and they can't find anything wrong because light is now off to drive it there. They tell me to leave it and they will go thru it. "I don't have the money to have them do this" my life as well as my grandchildren, father, me and anyone that I have had in this car is at risk. Being on the side of the expressways or exit ramps waiting for this light to go off with semi's, cars, flying by. People are driving off roads with distracted driving hitting people parked on the side. I don't want to be a fatality! my grandchildren were in the back seat and I was parked along I96. My father (alz) was in the car while I was parked on US23. My husband and I...when do I get help. When someone is dead. Please please is it the cvt!!! I don't know anymore.... I was depending on you to help me or Dodge. I have to drive to nc and I am actually scared to drive the distance.

- Uniontown, OH, USA

Mar 212004

Dakota 8-cyl

I purchaced in March 2004 a used 2000 Dodge Dakota quad cab with 71,000 miles. With in the first month the right rear window regulator needed to be replaced. In July '04 the right front door regulator went out that needed to be replaced. In Sept '04 the left rear window went bad. In May 2005 the left front door regulator went out. I find it hard to believe there is no recall on any of these regulators. Even thou its a 2000 and in good shape. The dealer informs me no recalls. I have researched on line for any information to confirm this? no luck. I'm very frusterated as a Dodge owner. There has to be some information some where to support all these problems happing with in the first year.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 252003

Dakota 4WD 8-cyl

Upper and lower ball joints have failed. 40,000 miles on vehicle. Ball joints should last much longer than this. Dealer wants $1,200 to change them. Truck has already had new front drive shaft, new sway bar bushings, new driver seat cushion, new fuel injectors, new electric motor in right rear window. What has happened to "Ram tough". may have to go back to "like a rock". old pickup 1979 Chevrolet never had ball joint problems, much less any thing else major. Thanks rick worsfold.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA