Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

Nov 272018

Dart

The car keeps cutting off. I crank it back up and it runs for a little bit and cuts right back off. I have had the battery and alternator check and that's not the issue.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 092018

Dart

Car's engine compartment burst into flames during commute to work 0700 in the morning 10/09/2018, 65 degree day in 35 mph zone. 54,000 miles on car. Car was moving at 30mph when engine died and car started to smoke from under hood, within 60 seconds flames appeared from hood, my daughter driving the car got out just in time she was the only passenger. Lost all belongings in car.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

Jul 182018

Dart

Recall R42. This recall applies only to the transmission control unit and it states that the module could randomly get into neutral while driving. We had this called serviced at nyle maxwell in austin and it did not fix the problem. After taking the car in an leaving it in for them to fix it for weeks twice so far, they return it as "problem could not be found or duplicated" I have since then purchase, two more transmission control modules (tcm) to fix the safety issue I found a replica of what was put in at the dealer to service recall R42. Upon a failure! the tcm module does not recover and renders the car in mobile when the spare module is plugged in, the errors go away and the transmission starts to run correctly. The car can then be stop by turning of the car and the failing unit reconnected and the car starts to run correctly again without the service transmission error and the absence of gears. This proves it is not the transmission but the smarts in the tcm. As for the tcm that was put in, that one is still failing to operate the transmission without leaving us broken down on the side of the road without gears. So please help me investigate, what is the last and appropriate version that would fix R42 recall issues in this 2013 Dart Dodge ddtc 1.4L turbo model. Thank you so much for your help.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 012017

Dart

My 2013 Dodge Dart has been going through issues for a year. My tires have been popping left and right brand new and used tires just popping while I'm driving with my kids in the car. The car now has a BCM problem as well as a small gas leak. I have went through multiple dealership that looked over the car and can't determine where the gas leak is coming from in which my check engine is still one which leave me to not be able to get the vehicle inspected or registered again. This car has caused me and my family so much money and issues. It hardly wants to drive, my key gets stuck in the ignition for some reason and I can't turn the car off. The Dodge and recall place told me they can not help me because my VIN is not recalled but I've been having the same issues as every other 2013 Dodge Dart.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Jan 242018

Dart

The vehicle engine will buck and or stall immediately after a complete fuel fill-up. The issue can last anywhere from 5-13 miles after the fill up. Afterwards the vehicle operates normally. It occurs after every fill-up and started three fill-ups ago. This is very dangerous especially when on the highway.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Jan 012018

Dart

When trying to accelerate it is very hesitant to go, then it will over rev and the rpms will go up but it will not go any faster. It will only happen it second and third gear

- Tuscon, AZ, USA

Sep 052017

Dart

Parked when the check engine warning light came on. The car would not accelerate after taking off.

- Carson City, NV, USA

Jun 272017

Dart

There was already a recall on my vehicle. Then I have had two brand new starters put into my car at the Chrysler dealership and both times the starters were burned to a crisp in less than 48 hours. Now I'm having transmission issues and no one knows what's going

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Mar 072017

Dart

There are two issues that I have returned my vehicle to the dealership for repairs multiple times and paid significantly for the non-repair. The first is the centerstack display. The display will intermittently go blank typically following a left hand turn. The vehicle has been in twice for this condition and still displays the failure. The second is the transmission. Based on a fca recall, the vehicle was taken to the dealership for a transmission reflash! at that point there had never been an issue with the transmission while driving. Since that event however, the vehicle has never performed as expected. The vehicle was returned to the dealership only to learn there was a problem with the transmission module so that was replaced. Unfortunately, the problem is now worse. The vehicle shifts so rough, that it feels like the vehicle could stop at anytime. This is very concerning because I am not comfortable that I can accelerate into traffic which could cause an accident.

- Clio, MI, USA

Aug 192016

Dart

At 40,000 miles after 3 yrs 5 months the car had a strong fuel odor. I realized the gas is leaking from the top of the fuel pump. It turned out the plastic house of the fuel pump was broken at the connector and the gas was leaking while the system was under pressure. Which means whenever the car is running and the ignition is on, the fuel is leaking. The system pressure is 58 psi (+- 5 psi) so you can lose a lots of fuel in a short period of time. On the attached picture the 2 straight line is not a crack. It is the fuel coming out with a high pressure. Defective part number: 68084383ad (Dodge) replacement part number: 68166589ac (Dodge) my car has never had any accident nor a fender bender. It is immaculate. Dodge should evaluate the frequency of this problem and announce a recall. I consider this as a very serious safety and fire hazard.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Jul 152016

Dart

My radio with the touchscreen has been replaced 4 times I believe due to an electrical issue-continued to flicker on and off. The visor fell off, now there are no interior lights. Brake recall repair done, but now engine light on, steering wheel locked up while in reverse, all system lights came on looking like failure. Car was accelerating on its own, but when putting foot on gas it would have no effect. Now the car does not start or even turn over including when jump started. I have documentation of the radio repair and brake recall and have videos on my phone of the acceleration with foot on the brake.

- West Olive, MI, USA

May 052016

Dart

Vehicle stalled out in cold weather while I was driving. Car begin to roll back because I was on traveling on a hill. I had to menuver vehicle down hill. After about a minute car started, . vehicle emergency brake will not hold vehicle on any kind of graded surface. I once parted in friends drive pulled up emergency all the way up turn car off. Went to visit friend a few minute and when came out the house vehicle was rolling backwards. I open the jumped in car meanwhile car was already in street with parted cars and moving traffic. I was able to jump in use foot brake to stop vehicle without insident( took to dealer for repaired 3 times in two years, just repaired last week phase 1 engine failure twice within first year and half. Car sputter and jerked drove rough. Took to dealer repair twice on different occasions. During repair dealer kept vehicle 3 weeks on repair and over a week on the other. Dealer reason for delay was waiting on part. I am very in satisfied with vehicle quality and performance in the three years I had it I'm driving vehicle less and less because of quality issues and reliability issue makes me and my family feel unsafe.

- Akron Oh 44320, OH, USA

May 022016

Dart

The car has been leaking oil at a rate of 3 quarts in two weeks. It is in now for the 2nd repair in that timeframe. The car lost the ability to accelerate in the middle of the highway twice after the attempted repair.

- Celina, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Dart 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact smelled a strong odor of fuel and engine oil. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The contact was informed that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The contact did not receive notification of the recall. The vehicle was to be scheduled for an appointment, but the parts were not available to receive the repair. The manufacturer was unable to determine when the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The failure mileage was not available. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 03/18/16

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jan 072013

Dart

I purchased a new Dart, 2013 limited 1.4 turbo (manual) and when I say new, it had to be built because there were't any on the lots yet. I always felt the car lacked power but assumed it was just the way the car was. Getting out of 1st gear was really tough. Around 6K, after a long road trip, I started to hear a grinding noise when cutting the wheel and throttling in 1st gear or reverse, basically parallel parking. I brought the car to the dealer for its 1st major tune up and mentioned it and they said the didn't hear the noise ( I also mentioned the airbag light would not go away) the air bag light was gone but soon to return. At 9K, I brought the car in again for the same issues! air bag light gone (soon to return) but they said they didn't hear the noise. At 19K I was fuming and got them to go on a test drive with me and they heard they noise! they tried to say it was the ca intake I put in, but I assured them it wasn't and gave them the oem part to prove them wrong. Low and behold after a week they come back with "clutch bearings"! I got the car back and it feels like A- brand new car!! it's amazing! it has power, pick up, the clutch is much easier to work and no noise! I was startled by the power! this is the car I thought I was buying. I have no idea how much gas economy I've wasted after 19K, but I'm just glad to finally have this issue resolved! I really hope this helps those out there so if you have a manual shift and no power/pick-up out of 1st, insist they check the clutch bearings! now let's hope the airbag light doesn't come back on.

- Brockton, MA, USA

Feb 032014

Dart 4-cyl

The electrical system cuts out several times when driving. At night it is bad because all the inside light go out and you can tell your speed or anything until it turns back on. The engine and fuel are one issue; after starting it the exhaust has a bad odor and stays during the entire travel until it is turned off. The engine also hesitates after coming to a complete stop.

- Georgetown, DE, USA

Mar 032014

Dart 4-cyl

Electrical system inside car shuts off and turns back on repeatedly, even if I am only going 2 miles down the road. The fuel and engine tie together as one; immediately after starting the vehicle the exhaust lets out a very strong odor that continue's for the entire duration of any trip. Then when accelerating using automatic drive or even the dry clutch the exhaust makes a loud rattling noise as it switches from gear to gear. Also, during driving the engine or transmission feels like it is slipping and has hesitation when you accelerate after stopping completely.

- Georgetown, DE, USA