Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Durango:

Sep 152014

Durango 6-cyl

I have tried on numerous occasions with Dodge service department in midland, tx to get in to have the recall serviced on my vehicle and I have yet to get in. They at first told me that there is a waiting list and that they would contact me. In October, I contacted them again and they set me an appointment on November 11 to get my vehicle in to get the recalled fix. I went in on the 11th and they kept my vehicle for about four days and when I called to check the status they stated that they still have not gotten to my vehicle and that they are not sure when they will get to it, but that if I needed my vehicle that I can come pick it up and then they will contact me when they are ready for it. Here it is in January and still nothing.

- Midland, TX, USA

May 262014

Durango

While traveling on I-75, had the vehicle on adaptive cruise control, the vehicle slammed the brakes and then accelerated back up to 75mph. No vehicles in front, not debris, no reason why it did it. Vehicle has had constant issues with the forward collision system alerting to brake when nothing is in front, turning itself off and on by itself, and the console giving the message that the back sensors are blocked when no debris is present or even when driving. Multiple other "computer" issues that they can't figure out, from lights turning on/off, to the wipers not activating when they need to and the opposite. Dvd player acting funny. It has been endless

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 262013

Durango 8-cyl

On numerous occasions when I get in the vehicle to start it, via push button start, the vehicle will start an immediately shut down. Attempts to restart the vehicle result in a 15-30 second repetitive start loop without the vehicle starting, at which point a red light will begin blinking on the center console. Typically the vehicle has to rest for approximately two minutes before attempting a restart, some of which are successful and some are not. The vehicle is also taking up to 10 seconds to shut down once the push button is depressed to turn of the vehicle. This is beginning to become a real safety concern as in an emergency I cannot trust that I can shut down the engine.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA