Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan:

Nov 082018

Grand Caravan SXT 3.6L

This problem happened earlier this year, when my wife was drive the van. She was drive the van and the engine just shut off, no warning, no power steering, and the brake were hard and there was no check engine light. I drove it and it did the same thing for me. I am a diesel mechanic with 2 years of auto school and I couldn't find anything wrong. I stopped the van put it in park and started it back up with no problem. After I looked it over it never did it again until today. I was slowing down coming into a town with a car in front of me, the car in the front of me got in the turning lane and I was going to speed up and had no throttle, I looked down and the RPMs was at 0. I pulled over, put it in park and started it up and took off. I got a couple miles down the road and had to slow down for a car and the engine was dead, but instead of stopping I put it in neutral and start the van back up and put it in drive and keep going. Coming into my home town it did it 3 more times. I haven't hooked any gauges up yet but when the van is running, the engine sounds good. I see on the website that i am not the only one with this problem, Dodge need to get off there ass and find out what the problem is.

- Charles S., Roscoe, SD, US

Feb 032019

Grand Caravan

Today I was driving at 35 mph and the lights and radio on my van blinked off and on a few times. I thought it was strange and then not 1 minute later my entire car shut down and my brakes locked. If I was on a busy street or on a highway, I would hate to think of the crash it would have caused if I was on the highway. This was absolutely terrifying.

- Amy C., Lubbock, TX, US

Nov 162018

Grand Caravan

My 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan has shut off on me while driving 5 times now. I have brought it to the Dodge garage and all they did was plugged it in, told me it showed a code that it stalled while driving. Their suggestion was a new battery. I bought a new battery and last week I was on the highway doing 70MPH and it shut off. I was so scared, lost all control. LUCKILY I was able to get it off the rd and it started right back up. Now I am scared to drive my car!!!! NO ONE HAS ANSWERS. What will it take, for someone to get killed??

- Jennifer C., Antrim, US

Feb 022018

Grand Caravan ES 3.2L V6

While driving about 30 mph early one morning, my 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan just died and lost all power including the power steering and brakes which made it extremely hard to slow down and pull into a parking lot which thankfully I was able to do. If not, I could have hit another car, been rear ended, run into pedestrians, etc. It was very scary and extremely dangerous for my children who were in the car and for others around us. Afterward the car did not start for several minutes. Now, the van is not starting every time I put the key fob in the ignition. It will turn but no clicking or power or anything. After several attempts, the van will turn on as if nothing was wrong. This has been happening very often when starting the van.

I am scared to drive the van now that I know it might stall and have no power while driving at a high rate of speed! This is a very dangerous scenario that has happened before with Grand Caravans that were older than my 2012. A recall was put out for them and now a recall needs to be put out for the younger models such as mine before someone really gets injured or killed because of this ignition node module problem. It is very expensive to replace and right now my family cannot afford to repair this vehicle which is our family's main mode of transportation.

- Karen W., Oak Ridge, US