2.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Intrepid:

May 052007

Intrepid

Air conditioner will not work. It needs a new evaporator. The whole dash has to be torn out to replace it about $1200 for repair. I bought this car three years ago, and been with out ac for 1.5 years. I am driving a 2000 Dodge Intrepid. I have been a GM/ foreign car owner. This is my first and last Chrysler product.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Mar 092006

Intrepid 6-cyl

: the contact stated while trying to change a flat tire and lifting up the vehicle the wrench for the jack bent. Also, a screw came loose in the jack. Then while trying to loosen the lug nuts, the wrench broke. The manufacturer was alerted.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 152003

Intrepid

I have also replaced front passenger side door lock actuator. Now the driver side back lock actuator is going out. I have not fixed the radio, dash lights or dome lights. I am out of money for the time being. I had to refinance and add $4900. To get most of the repairs done. My engine blew due to sludge and I now have a used rebuilt one that will probably do the same thing.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Jan 042004

Intrepid 6-cyl

2000 Dodge Intrepid blew then moter I am stuck with out a vehical and still making payments. When I contacted the plac3E they said that I would have to prove that the moters were junk I need help

- Mount Pleasant, MI, USA

Jan 022004

Intrepid 6-cyl

I have a huge loan left on my 2000 Dodge Intrepid and now I have to put more money into it to get a new engine. I was driving to work one day and I heard a knocking sound in my engine but there wasn't any lights that came on that said 'service engine soon'. I had my mechanic look at it and he found that the tming chain broke. I looked on the internet and this is happening a lot and not just with the 2000 Dodge Intrepid, it's with whatever vehicle's that have a 2.7 liter engine in them. Please look into this and let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

- Des Moines, IA, USA