4.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

Mar 172012

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey which came equipped with a tire jack. The contact stated that while attempting to change a tire, the car jack failed and caused the vehicle to fall before the tire could be installed. The dealer was notified of the failure but denied any assistance to the contact. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact was unaware if the vehicle sustained any damages. The failure and the current mileage was 38,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mount Upton, NY, USA

Mar 192011

Journey

My wife and I were about an hour from home when the brakes on our 2009 Dodge Journey started squealing very, very loud. I pulled over as soon as possible, got under the car to check. I could not see anything specific and let the car sit idle for about 30 minutes. As soon as I started to drive again, at less than 5mph, the brakes started squealing again, just as loud. I drove to a nearby Firestone facility, described the problem and the put it on the rack to check the brakes. The Journey had 29,400 miles on it.......and the brakes were completely, totally worn out!! they brought the brakes and rotor for me to see and the rotors were badly grooved. They said they thought the brakes were too small for the size, weight of the vehicle and I tend to agree, especially after reading other complaints online. I was told it would have been close to an act of suicide to continue driving the Journey and I agree. This is outrageous!! and from what I read, Dodge is well aware of the problem but nothing has been done. I am now 08T $300, and could have been involved in a bad accident from failure of the brakes.

- Slidell, LA, USA

May 232010

Journey

The brake system is horribly undersized for the vehicle. Pads and rotors have to be replaced at every 13,000 to 15,000 miles? car has only 30,000 miles and I am having to replace the entire brake system again! also the car now has problems starting with the fob key. Sometimes it will start, sometimes it won't. really disappointed with the vehicle and really do not feel safe in it. I am currently trying to trade it in or sell it due to the poor reliability.

- Canyon Lake, CA, USA