Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

Dec 132013

Journey SXT 3.5L V6

Never buy a vehicle from Legacy Dodge......they cheated me. I bought a Dodge Journey SUV from there a month ago. In just a week tire valve was leaking, gave it to them to fix it, they said I have to change the tire and will charge me $350 because they did not know that I bought the car from them a week ago. So I told them they have to fix it for free, then they realize they have to pay for the tire, then they said they do not need to change the tire, just the valve needs to be change.

The next week the brake stuck, towed my SUV to the dealership. They ordered a part from Edmonton and they could not fix my car with that part. Then they ordered a part from Toronto, took 10 days to get it fixed. Again, after 10 days, same issue, brakes stuck. Steering wheel jammed and tire valve is still leaking.

So, in just one month I have been there 4-5 times now and the issues are still there. I took the days off from the work, I am tired of these issues. I told them I don't want this car, instead of helping me they said OK, trade it for a new vehicle. I cannot afford a new vehicle and they cannot take it back because it's been 30 days since you bought it. Then they said OK, will take your vehicle back at 1/2 price if you want to trade that car for another used car. My car was in their garage 15 days out of 30 days, I want to trade that car for another used car. Instead of helping me out they said Dodge Journey has a manufacturing defect so they have to fix it, it will cost them. If the car has manufacturing defective they should have to told me before selling it.

So it was their plan to keep the vehicle there for small issues for a longer time and to give the defective cars to their customers and then wait for 30 days to pass and then force them to buy a new car and trade the old car in at 1/2 price so they can make money twice on the same car, plus profit on new car. So cheater company and cheater guys.

Please do not buy any vehicle from there. This has happened to me, I just want to help other customers from these cheaters. If you need to contact me for more details please email me rxkinnar@gmail.com.

- kenny86, Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, canada